Maou-sama, Retry! - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - White Light

Glad to see the ring come back, I swear they were too lazy to even draw the damn thing for a minute there.

Fed-Kun's army
"I hate it when a high level player can just plow through everything"
Oh yeah, when you're reincarnated into a real world, you clearly try your best to limit your subordinate's abilities because of... reasons. This clearly isn't absurdly retarded at all.

Dex-chan lover
This is the part where I last read the WN. I forgot if it's because some translators drama or the author deleted the entries.

Contributor
@Taerene Probably the original NPC personality, it's basically the MC, the Maou, and the Dragonborn in one body with the MC mostly able to control the other two. Thrones, the one that summoned the MC probably sealed the Maou's personality in the ring to keep him from possessing another body.

Fed-Kun's army
@Baysiri I don’t think he took getting reincarnated into another world with his subordinates into account when he set those limits on them when it was just a game...

Dex-chan lover
Huh ... I thought that Hero would be a intolerable asshole at first (You know Isekai standard for non MC Hero's) but so far he really seems like a nice guy with a good head on his shoulders.

Dex-chan lover
There.... was a "polite" way to call someone an Otaku? Wtf japan...

Now I wonder if the hero is someone who was reincarnated/transported...

Anybody know where to read this LN? Th wn version is hiatus while the LN nobody translate it

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 as explained in the ch, it's a swap of White Devil and Red Comet, the aliases for Amuro's Gundam and Char's Zaku. so that cracked me up.

Dex-chan lover
The slow and comfy pace makes the sudden edge very delicious

This chapter had some interesting information. This world seems to work a lot more on video game/MMO rules than it initially seemed, since even humans vanish after a time when killed.

Additionally, we learned something important. Which is that "Maou-sama" apparently has his own default personality, no different from the Dragonnewt/Martial Hero. When he's not being directly controlled, the Dragon acts in a completely corny, exaggerated, and over-the-top hero way. Apparently this same rule ALSO applies to 'Maou-sama.' When the main character is not directly controlling him, he also reverts to a 'default' overlord villain personality, or at least, that is what appears to be happening.

Also, Thrones seems to be involved in this somehow, since we know for a fact Thrones put himself into the ring (the translation back then was a little vague, but that is what happened). In fact, Thrones seems to be the one who reverted Maou-sama back to MC control.

We also learned something else that's very important. Maou-sama and the Dragon have various powers, abilities, resistances, and tricks, most of which we assume the MC gave them when he created them in the original MMO. But he himself seems to have no resistance to magic whatsoever. And that seems to apply ONLY to 'him,' the disembodied him that controls the avatars. The basic bitch sleep spell absolutely, 100% worked, but only on him. Maou-sama shrugged it off and then slaughtered both of those nerds before the ring did something and (we assume) Thrones handed the MC back control. That's a really, really dangerous and important weakness for him. If he can't find a way to block magical and psychic attacks, even some cutpurse on the street could easily take him out, and then accidentally cause a catastrophe when whatever body he's in goes on autopilot.

Users who are viewing this thread