Maou-sama, Retry! - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - White Light

Dex-chan lover
The basic bitch sleep spell absolutely, 100% worked, but only on him. Maou-sama shrugged it off and then slaughtered both of those nerds before the ring did something and (we assume)

The real Kunai was also affected by the sleep spell. That's why he stabbed himself with the knife: to negate the effect of spell. To quote the WN (similar to the LN):

Kunai grabs the Sodom’s Fire with his right hand, and stabs his own thigh deeply with it.

He must have been trying to drive away the drowsiness with a powerful pain. It is understandable in theory, but actually doing it is another matter in itself.

Injuring your own body with a blade in a moment’s notice is not something a normal person could do.

Hatred that could make the air tremble was coming out from him as he slowly stood up. From his eyes, there was a red light that would make you think there’s a crimson fire within them

Damn, I always hate it when an isekai has "ancient civilisation that was actually like modern day or future tech" or some sort of thing like a person at a computer or in futuristic place controlling things.

Supporter
It's nice to see this manga being updated once more. Sad the anime was not up to my standard

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the update!

Funnily enough Rip and Tear was playing when he went for the kill

Dex-chan lover
@mynekoheart
If you just want brutality and gore, there's 'Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru'. I stopped reading it, but it's just a lot of edge with the MC getting revenge on a bunch of people in brutal ways.

Double-page supporter
I'm glad we've finally reached the official introduction of the first competent/capable character that's from this world and not Akira's.
I guess you could count Ebi but she really didn't make a great first impression in that regard.

So is the hooded-glasses person a hypocrite because the person is fat while somehow showing to eat meagerly in front of others?

Aggregator gang
I didn't hate the anime adaptation of this show, but I'm enjoying this manga a lot more than the anime

Also thanks for the chapter and for the work of translating and making it possible for us to read this online like this

Dex-chan lover
so you're not even going to tell the obviously isekai'd hero that you're also an earthling and a good guy even though everyone thinks of you as the devil? could have made a close friend.

Since my TL note wasn't well put enough, so here's a short explanation hoping it clarifies a bit better.

Wotaku originally is a term made by Otakus to distinguish themselves from other Otaku among otakus (especially since there are many types of Otaku like Gun Otaku, Game Otaku, Idol Otaku), so people added W to otaku. That's pretty much about it. I'm sure if you search for it, there's a better explanation out there.

People often use Otaku as an insult (Like nerd or geek) whereas Wotaku often used among otaku to politely addressing each other while differentiating the normies. Hence, I wrote it as "a more polite way of saying" etc. Sorry if I have caused confusion there. I didn't want to TL note to be TL;DR, , rather just straight to the point.

To prevent further confusion, I will change it to "an alternative yet specific way of saying"

Thanks and sorry for that.

Users who are viewing this thread