March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 15 Ch. 154 - On the Night the Stars Fall Upon (1)

You can cast a single glance at the number of comments and guess what went down in this chapter right off the bat.

Double-page supporter
tenor.gif

This confession never ceases to put a smile on my face, after so many years and chapters of build up.
Hands down one of my favorite manga chapters To go back to and read again.

Dex-chan lover
Rei just shot a canon ball straight thru my fragile rib cage, god bless.
This chapter is magical.
I couldn't ask for a better frame by frame confession.
Leave it to slice of life manga to handle romance and characters a million times better than actual romance titles.

GOD BLESS UMINO SENSEI. GOD BLESS.

tenor.gif

Everyone's happy, but nobody mentioning the one sad thing in the chapter.

R.I.P Bun - what a cute cat. Was nice looking at the pictures and reading the fun little tidbits about the cat.

Dex-chan lover
First of all, rip cat T.T

... Yep, I still am not feeling this romance. I just can't feel any romantic chemistry between them, and not a big fan of the age/maturity gap either... Kinda wish the family just adopted him instead, although I dunno how that'd work

Double-page supporter
@thrystavindr I dunno what you're talking about age gap. They're only 4 years apart. That's literally like the ideal age gap if you want to marry someone down the road. It just seems big because she's just entered high school, and Kiriyama is about to graduate, but that gap really isn't even anything if you actually think about it.

A straight confession of our Shoji master

Too soon? Will the densest girl of Dense Realm block it from her comprehension?

They have a 3 or 4 years age gap, what would be nothing some years later, BUT right now:

- We have Rei who is more mature than his age (you can figure by his classmates).

- We have Hina that is very immature for her age.

The factual gap is like an adult and a child. That is why it seems awkward. Othewise, a relation "last year senpai x first year newcomer" would be very normal.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter no I agree it wouldn't be any kind of significant age gap later on life at all, but when someone was literally just in middle school recently I'm definitely of the opinion that that's a really significant gap. I can't think of any relationships I saw with that kind of age gap back in high school that didn't end really badly, so much difference in life experience at that point (even more here given how out of the realm of normality Kiriyama's life has been)
And honestly...my bigger problem is I just can't see them as romantic partners, they seem much more like family to me

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Is..is Bun the cat dead? :( R.I.P. Bun, the cute cat. I'll cry for you.

On the other hand though...
Oooooooh. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Double-page supporter
@ThrystaVindr I still don't think her being fresh out of middle school makes it all that different. I'd obviously be against them marrying while she's still in high school or so, but I say dating is fine and they can marry once she graduates. And life experience really isn't the factor for whether or not a relationship will work or not. You can have all the life experience in the world and be a shitty partner or still immature, experience doesn't mean shit if you don't learn from it. I think she has plenty of life experience regardless with her mother dying, the situation with her father, helping out around the house with her sister, etc. Just because Kiriyama has a lot of life experience doesn't mean that she doesn't either, and if anything both of them have a fairly immature side to them so you can't really make the argument that Kiriyama is just way too mature for her or something like that either.

So in the end, the only real main issue for you is that you can't see them as romantic partners, which is fine. That's your opinion and neither side is wrong it's just an opinion on whether or not you think they do work out as romantic partners or not. I personally think they can definitely make romantic partners. Someone you spend all that time with, watching them from the side, living life together, seeing their vulnerable moments and their best moments, I think all of these things can build a level of intimacy that can go beyond just a familial sense. If you're stating that they're too much like family is the biggest reason, then all childhood friend tropes should never work out. Being like family isn't necessarily something that can't be progressed beyond, I don't necessarily think that it's impossible to make the relationship romantic because they're as close as family.

Users who are viewing this thread