March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 16 Ch. 173 - New Year (4)

When i reading "third reason" why its look like 'third season' oh god gimme more, gimme Third season. Shaft please 😭

Aggregator gang
I've heard that Chika Umino has been going through some rough times herself. Get better Chika sensei, you don't need to strain yourself like that for the sake of others. You are doing your best.

@jimmysuzuki Ch. 161 and "the dark pit of concentration" I took to mean that concentrating on Shogi has been his escape from life, and he only got to be as good as he did because he wanted to escape all the time. But now that he doesn't want to escape life, he can't concentrate as well as he used to, both in preparation for matches and in matches themselves. Effectively he's powered by darkness, but he has less and less of that in his life to fuel his method of shogi.

I think somewhere soon (and what Hina is leading him toward, whether she realizes it or not) Rei is going make peace with Shogi and himself and play it for positive reasons rather than to escape negative ones. He needs to find happiness in Shogi rather than it being a survival tactic.

Double-page supporter
Once again proof that Umino Chica can do more in 7 pages than most authors can do in 7 volumes.
Now it's 6 pages update in a monthly manga😭. Anyone know the reason? I feel like the shortness of it unable me to relate to the story.. I need to read at least 3 chapter behind before read the new one just to build the feel.
But... its 10 pages now... what happened back when this chapter was first released on here?! Last chapter, people were calling short, even though it was over 20 pages. I'm so confused!
The last panel really shows the height difference
It almost looks illegal
You know, I was thinking about how I have a thing for short girls... though they're generally short and stocky. My ex (who I don't have any ill will for, by the way) was about 5'2", if I recall, and I'm 6'7", and she was built quite 'thicc', as they say nowadays. She was only two years younger than me, and we were adults when we first met and were just friends for the longest time, but she pretty much always knew I had a thing for her, but she always had someone else with her (we also socialized online, not in-person, except when there was a convention).

Suffice to say, though, I now have a thing for, well... shortstacks. Hina isn't that, of course, but I do appreciate the height difference between them, and it reminds me of happier times with my ex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread