March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 16 Ch. 176 - Winter Scent (3)

Such a comfy and sweet chapter.

After his entire life depended on shogi for so long, he can finally allow himself to have fun with it.

Thanks for the chapter.

Such a sweet chapter 😭 seeing kiriyama finally being warm, happy and peaceful gives my very soul a light feeling

Dex-chan lover
@JakkRo Welll, that mix plus god-tier writing and top notch art are the secrets to its success.

I often don't really think about the art in this while I'm reading it because I'm not that art-oriented as manga readers go . . . but if you look at the art in this and then go look at a typical manga, whether shoujo, shounen, seinen or josei, and think about it for a moment, you'll start noticing things like just how much more same-facey most manga are. In this not only does everyone have a quite individual look, they also have individual expressions--the harassed look of one character is noticeably different from the annoyed look of another or the seething look of a third. The art supports the characterization. It also means that when a minor character shows up you instantly remember who it was and don't get pulled out of immersion while you try to figure it out. And there are so many other things about the art--the liveliness, some of the surreal scenes like the deep sea shogi metaphors and so forth . . . it's seriously good.

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see him finally happy and content

Shimada acting as a father figure is also a really nice feeling.

1ETMjD2.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
This is amazingly beautiful and I almost feel like tearing up. I am so proud and happy for Rei.
Happiness is the most difficult yet simplest thing to get.

How many chapters is Azusa planning to run? :p

Damn I really hope this time we get to see a proper Kiriyama vs Nikaidou, it's going to be fun now that Kiriyama is way more positive and focused than before. Also seems like the perfect time for a rematch against Shimada.

imma so happy for kiriyamaa, i want to get some cooking done and enjoy it like he is

Users who are viewing this thread