Maria no Danzai - Ch. 17 - Friends

Dex-chan lover
He has good instincts but he seems to be impressionable. That means he can be manipulated easily. We all know Maria is going to win in the end like every revenge driven stories.
Is kind of strange to read this comment. Cause i still remember when in manga 99% of revenge stories were about quitting the revenge just one step before finally finalizing it. Or using the tipical "who seek revenge need to dig two graves" logic, inwhich the revenger would pay for the consequences of his revenge.
Is some years that the revenge genre got a revival and finally got out from the grip of cheesy moralities but is still a relatively modern trend.

Dex-chan lover
Is kind of strange to read this comment. Cause i still remember when in manga 99% of revenge stories were about quitting the revenge just one step before finally finalizing it. Or using the tipical "who seek revenge need to dig two graves" logic, inwhich the revenger would pay for the consequences of his revenge.
Is some years that the revenge genre got a revival and finally got out from the grip of cheesy moralities but is still a relatively modern trend.
My first revenge driven anime/manga was Hell's Girl so I can see why you would say that. Praise the modern revenge manga. Back then it was to teach readers revenge is bad. Modern take is just to give catharsis to people with how bleak the current reality is, this is in a way a form of escape

Contributor
She should've disposed of Iijima when she had the chance, but her inner demons just won't allow her to kill someone not directly involved in her son's death. He didn't seem to stick around as her lackey so he's just a liability now, since he's a lead to Shikimi's disappearance.

In a scenario where Iijima is secretly dead by her hands, Mari could even get the police involved at this point. By thinking like a normal school teacher, a possible next step is to call the cops on this guy who's planning to murder Iijima. How does he even know for sure both Kowase and Shikimi are dead when their corpses haven't even been found yet? They're both technically still missing. And he just brushed off one of her questions with "it's none of your business." To an innocent school teacher that would sound very suspicious and it would be reasonable to get the cops involved, considering two students are already "missing." Best case maybe she could even get the cops to investigate the bullies and uncover their crimes. Pin the blame on them.

But that's not such a good idea if Iijima's not dead... but in hiding like it seems here. He is a wild card because he can rat her out to either Okaya and pals or the cops. In any case, Kinugawa or whatever his name is, should be next to die because it's gonna be bad if he finds Iijima first and gets some answers out of him.

Dex-chan lover
He has good instincts but he seems to be impressionable. That means he can be manipulated easily. We all know Maria is going to win in the end like every revenge driven stories. So there won't be any worry whether the main villain would win but 2 weeks for 19 pages is too long of a wait for this kind of story. It's good at building anticipation but I worry it can backfire if the rest of the 3 didn't get a satisfying end to them. Most of us love to read this for catharsis after all.

I am worried that because the mc is female and attractive the author will be tempted to get edgy.

Dex-chan lover
How did he come to the conclusion that they're both dead? Their bodies were never found.

Also who is he to day that she's nit the type of person to go to the club? Adults have their hobbies too you know.

He has good instincts but he seems to be impressionable. That means he can be manipulated easily. We all know Maria is going to win in the end like every revenge driven stories. So there won't be any worry whether the main villain would win but 2 weeks for 19 pages is too long of a wait for this kind of story. It's good at building anticipation but I worry it can backfire if the rest of the 3 didn't get a satisfying end to them. Most of us love to read this for catharsis after all.
Chainsaw Man was 3 weeks for an even smaller chapter, almost like half of a complete one.

i can take this.

Dex-chan lover
She should've disposed of Iijima when she had the chance, but her inner demons just won't allow her to kill someone not directly involved in her son's death.
Is it her inner demons, or not wanting to stand on a mountain of corpses?

Putting aside both that and the tracks she must be leaving with her Saw-tier execution methods-- it's difficult to murder at all, and it's even more difficult to get away with it. More murders also means upping the likelihood of getting caught by competent law enforcement, even if you do make sure to cover your tracks.

Double-page supporter
The way he jump and kick the shit of him out of no where is hilarious to me 😂
But mama was cold for that response she a bad gal I love her

Dex-chan lover
My first revenge driven anime/manga was Hell's Girl so I can see why you would say that. Praise the modern revenge manga. Back then it was to teach readers revenge is bad. Modern take is just to give catharsis to people with how bleak the current reality is, this is in a way a form of escape
It was so freaking common that there was a time inwhich i SERIOUSLY thought that the japanese governement developed a strategy in order to make the population become overly submissive. And make them unable to react to abuse to contain potential acts of rebellion and ensure that authorities both from governement and workplaces could rule with an iron fist unchallenged. While in the west there was the "rape and revenge" genre, in Japan they had the "get raped and fall in love with your rapist".
The first "proper" revenge manga i had read in a long time i think it was fukushuu kyoshitsu. I remember how refreshing it was at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread