Maria no Danzai - Ch. 26 - The Hunt

Double-page supporter
Don't forget that Maria knows what she is doing. Remember you that in a previous chapter, she says that Kinugawa, Ajiki, and Okaya will not be easy targets in comparison to Kowase and Shikimi. She didn't drag him in her execution/hunt game without no knowledge of his character and physical skills and having elaborate a perfect plan to torture him and kill him.

Maria probably plans to torture him both physically and mentally by destroying his ego and overconfidence by the hunt, letting him believe that he is advantaged by his strength and his overconfidence in his battle skills when in fact that was never the case. Maria plays will her prey for summarize.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, these fuckers are so fucking evil, talking to the mother of the kid you killed and without no shade, no remorse, even just annoyed about it. Good for Maria to just shoot the fucker in the mouth.
I HOPE HE SUFFFERS

I can't believe Kinugawa dies before the guy who eats a lot. he must either be more disgusting than him or the leader will use him as plot armor idk

Banned
Nahhh! I can't believe he said this:

MwQXyzu.png

I hope she shoots him in the balls 😡

Thanks for the chapter!
u do know that run over his balls by a car is an option, right?

Maybe the forest is filled with people he bullied or people with sick hobby of hunting people?

Does Maria even have a backup plan? Sure last page says she can read him but external random factor is always present. Why didn't she just cut off one his achilles? That's overconfidence. Thankfully this is just manga and the author can just make her a mary sue
This is actually pretty normal according to real life instances of revenge and kidnapping-torture. Most purely evil/insane criminals do indeed plan out their crimes in a "I've got backups for my backups" kind of way, hence why most criminals never actually get caught (it's a depressing blackpill, actually), put people who do things strictly out of revenge or a sense of justice are more concerned with "seeing that justice be done" rather than making sure they're never caught. Most don't care if they're caught in the long run. They just get caught up in the desire to see the job done. Maria is infinitely more concerned with the kids simply receiving their just desserts while giving them a chance to potentially see the error of their ways. Though, we can extrapolate a few ideas just by judging her character and applying real world logic to her- she's excessively observant, might as well have a masters in psychology. She'd have long since noticed that NONE of these kids were truly manipulated into doing their deeds and thus have no hope of redemption. As such, it's safe to say she probably -does- have some sort of contingency for each hunt. The manga since doesn't go into detail on them because the author never bothered. It wouldn't be weird if, for this particular hunt, she's got the forest booby trapped, or every time she kidnaps one of them she has them swallow a tracking device in the off chance they actually do repent and get away. You can easily infer random things along those lines due to how meticulous she is, and then just chalk it up to the author going "eh, the kids were never escaping anyways, so there was no point in adding pages for this sort of context".

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Ah, it's a sociopath.
I shouldn't be surprised by that scum's arrogant attitude, but those filthy human beings never cease to surprise me.

Contributor
Oh, so she didn't actually cut one of his tendons. She wanted him to be able to run freely, and I'm guessing she has countermeasures for that. Bonafide hunters also use traps and I'll be disappointed if I don't see him get snagged by at least one. But it does make sense to allow him some use of his vaunted muscles so she can break him further if he realizes none of it will do him any good.

Eat a crossbow bolt for the trouble of opening your stupid mouth. Not only is he all brawn and little brains, he's also a complete psychopath whose way of thinking will 100% result in him continuing being a danger to society in adulthood. A few years of juvie detention isn't gonna change him in the scenario that Taiichirou got to him first.

It's rich that he calls Maria someone who can't be reasoned with when he's the very best example of that. He's a rabid dog that must be put down. I'd like it if he gets at least one bolt through his junk for that obscene thought as well. Someone is getting penetrated for sure, and it's not her.

Dex-chan lover
On the one hand, I find her idea of being a huntress and a bait at the same time quite interesting. Leaving him a chance to run away while knowing that he's too proud to simply not come after her in retaliation.

On the other hand, these overly exaggerated revenge schemes feel like the revengers are way too focused on breaking their targets' pride rather than ensuring they get their revenge.

Double-page supporter
Oh naw mf needs to be crying like a little bitch before she kills him.

You know, I thought this guy might be just a teeny tiny bit more redeemable due to his loyalty to his friends. Turns out he's just as much a psycho as the rest of the group. At least this author isn't making us question the reader's feelings toward the villains by making them sympathetic in some way. Not that it's a bad thing in the case of this manga. Sometimes I don't want to think, I just want the catharsis.

Double-page supporter
I would really like if at some point later on, one of the bullies she's chasing after asks her something along the lines of "What are you going to do once we're all dead?". It would really be a hard hitting question because it's a good one; Maria basically changed the course of her entire life for the sole purpose of getting revenge on these bullies, going so far as subjecting herself to some pretty horrible stuff (see: the principal). It really makes you wonder what the hell she's gonna do once they're all dead, and I don't think it's something even she has considered. Will she continue to be the school's nurse and help other kids against bullies, or or will she try to repair her old life with her ex husband?

I can only imagine the shock she'd receive after getting asked that question, would really force her to seriously think about what she's doing.

Dex-chan lover
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GO OFF MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Users who are viewing this thread