Maria no Danzai - Ch. 24 - A Complete Mess

Dex-chan lover
  • I'm 50/50 with Yuda helping that guy out. I can understand wanting to "save" him so they can carry out their revenge, plus there's always the chance of some legal bullshit to spare him from justice even if the police caught him. On the other hand, it rubs me the wrong way that he helped him out.
  • I GROANED at the police officer (sorry, forgot his name or if it was even mentioned) not immediately pulling out his firearm at the first sign of an intruder. And THEN he fell for the super obvious bait 🙄. It's a different story if he knew who's attacking him, but there's literally no excuse for him to immediately go "Nah, I'd win" on some stranger that could be armed even with backup arriving. Now he's got a shard in his eye and that's mostly his fault, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. With that, I'm also expecting the author that the police guy will get an eyepatch, and have a theme of "conveniently" turning a blind eye to Maria's revenge. I'm gonna fricking cringe so hard if that happens because he got blinded IMO in the shittiest way possible.
  • And seriously, I have no idea why the artist made the police officer and Yuda look similar with the long messy hair and glasses. A few extra seconds to figure out who's depicted in a panel (although police guy has some stubble which helps a bit) is going to be a hassle to read.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the dad tried his best.... I know.... Just... damn, this dad is kinda.... pathetic? I get he loves his ex-wife but imagine someone who didn't do training in the police force suddenly takes out the shitheads who made your son die along with believing that he committed suicide.

He's a good character to show what happens when you try to move forward while being unable to make any progress in contrast of the beloved Mama Maria. I guess I expected a little more in thinking about their son

Dex-chan lover
I know they're already divorced but, this could give Maria another reason to strengthen his revenge and obliterate them.

Double-page supporter
I GROANED at the police officer (sorry, forgot his name or if it was even mentioned) not immediately pulling out his firearm at the first sign of an intruder.
In Japan police officers don't carry firearms back to thier home.
Also in Japan police is trained to use firearm only when absolutely necessary, even when policeman is charged at by guy carrying a knife of metal bat they are expected to use unarmed takedowns or with assistanceof special bat. Police is forced to write down very detailed report when discharging a firearm for whatever reason and every round must be accounted for.
And in cities like Tokyo that are densly populated and walls are thin for missed shoot easily pass trough, risk of round harming a passerby or uninvolved civilian neighbor are high enough that police once again discouraged from reaching for firearm as first choice.

I would not be surprised if the kid just kills the father after this chapter. Then Maria-sensei decides to either deliver the worst blow on him, or feels he would be better off rotting in jail or puts him in jail but somehow kills him in there and disguised it as a suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread