Maria no Danzai - Ch. 30 - There’s No Winning This

Dex-chan lover
Rather: Classic "I have no reading comprehension".
Where do you see a "tragic past"? The flashback outright ends with him making friends with who he thinks to himself as the devil.

The flashback showed that he never could control his temper and that his new best friend made sure he could lash out all he wanted with no lasting pushback.

The asshole teacher sort of kept it under lock by beating him down, but was driven into suicide by lil'devil.

?so the teacher getting abused when he was a kid is not bad? why would i say that to kunigawa? for him its normal to beat people

ill humor you on kunigawa, so a child was being beaten up to “lessen” his violence streak instead of meeting good people

you sure you’re not the one with no reading comprehension? again a child was getting beaten up to “fix” his behavior

the teacher kept it down? lol he just made it worse, kunigawa is still doing it despite the teacher beating him up

tragic doesn’t necessarily means his family was killed, got his house burned down, betrayed by his best friend and got left in pathetic state

Dex-chan lover
So he was bullied by a teacher when he was a kid, so he grows up to be an even worse bully to everyone around him? What was the point of this sob story, because if it was to make anyone feel bad for him, that was completely invalidated by his own choice to mirror the douchebag that beat him up.

Dex-chan lover
We don't know when or how did Okaya became who he was, but one thing is for sure: Okaya needs to be killed, as well as his family for making such a menace.

If the Devil can forgive him, I won't.

If God will forgive him and admit to Heaven, there would be a Second Rebellion in Heaven

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Definitely on the side of "Please kill him already, you aren't teaching us anything new..." Even Maria is looking tired he's still alive.

Aggregator gang
I think people are misinterpreting the "him trying to be saved" angle. I see it more as he was kind of like a shithead kid that could have grew up normal but he had the teacher that was like "hey man, it is what it is. I got fucked up, now I'm fucking you up and you're going to fuck somebody up." Then the main bad guy gave him like the worst trade offer imaginable which made him choose the magical third option.

Then buff bad guy came to the realization, "Yeah I'll be a shit head person for this guy cuz Jesus fucking Christ this child is insane." Which sets up how they're both terrible but shows how main bad guy is worse than the rest of the squad.

So I think the takeaway is kind of "wow that sucks that happened but you're a terrible person too, sooooo...."

This whole manga is basically "wow! If it isn't the consequences of my own actions 🤪"

Dex-chan lover
rather than making Kinugawa sympathetic, more like this is a build up of how despite already a big bully since a kid, kinugawa cant hold a candle to okaya evil-ness.

Curious how the author will make maria torment a "mastermind"-type bully. should be different than previous execution since they all doing physical abuse
Shes probaly just gonna make him taste his own medicine but honestly im not evens ure that will do anything to him
he just seems to be so like questionable that i dont even know if like trying to mastermind him will do anything to him.
hes rly the type of guy where it seems the best thing to do is just kill him fast since he will expect to probaly be tortured like the others

Dex-chan lover
Do that teacher just forgot that punting the kid across the room is always an option

God this manga is dog shit. At this point I'm just waiting for this fucker to die so I can get some kind of closure then I'm dropping this garbage.

Dex-chan lover
I prefer to interpret the flashback as being more about Okaya than the musclehead guy; we're not supposed to feel sympathy, we're supposed to see Okaya was a cunning and dangerous psychopath even as an elementary schooler. And for the first time, someone draws paralells between him and Maria - I expect that to develop into a plot thread altogether, with Maria's own arc of staring too long into the abyss and becoming what she hates.

Users who are viewing this thread