Maria no Danzai - Ch. 31 - The Darkness Of The Midsummer Night

Double-page supporter
Never thought I’d actually see one of them beg for forgiveness, but I guess even they can be pushed to their absolute limits.

But yeah, I have to wonder if Okaya and Ajiki are actually at the mansion, or if they were mislead to a different location. One half of me thinks Maria wants them to find her so she can show them how much she messed up Kinugawa, but the other half thinks maybe she led them to someplace else, like maybe Taichirou’s apartment.

Power Uploader
It's so obvious Okaya has arrived at some other place. I'd hazard a guess Maria left the phone in the shed where they used to torture Nagare, to drive the point home why they're being eliminated.

One of the most uncomfortable x ray shots that I’ve ever seen.

It’s a little odd that the other two evil kids were able to find them. Did Maria forget to take his phone out of her purse? Was homie hiding his cellphone in his ass? Somewhat expect the camera to zoom out in the next chapter and the two bullies are somewhere totally random, like a Chuck E Cheese.
nah no way. Maria definitely use his phone as a decoy or some shit to drive em away

Dex-chan lover
Except isekai manga authors.
Even then, I don't think they actually mean it.

I explain: most Isekai are wish-fulfillment fantasies for the stereotypical japanese otaku (dunno the actual reality, but Isekai general success doesn't deny allegations). You probably know the stereotype with otakus (or geeks in general) and love/sex, so let's not stop there. Now how are you gonna make a purposely designed waifu to NOT refuse the "reader's stand-in" MC at first opportunity so the engagement continues?
Simple: make her unable to for whatever reason, and the most appealing is slavery. And as usual for an isekai story, their actual research and handling of such a heavy topic is... lacking.

Group Leader
I actually winced seeing the chainsaw on his dick. Well that’s three down & two more to go. I really don’t believe Maria would have his phone near her but we’ll see what the author has in store for us. Thanks for the translations.
She didn't just cut his dick. She went right into the pubic bone. Anybody who's had sudden hip complications knows how painful this is. You're whole body's tension is stored at the hip so you feel every little thing... then you add a chainsaw to it. goddamn.

Double-page supporter
I REALLY hope that "mastermind" kid doesn't actually become an issue. They have done little to set him up as anything more than a bored sociopath and manga supergenius teens are always painful to read. (Yes, especially you-know-who from that old one still loved by Hot Topic shoppers)

Even then, I don't think they actually mean it.

I explain: most Isekai are wish-fulfillment fantasies for the stereotypical japanese otaku (dunno the actual reality, but Isekai general success doesn't deny allegations). You probably know the stereotype with otakus (or geeks in general) and love/sex, so let's not stop there. Now how are you gonna make a purposely designed waifu to NOT refuse the "reader's stand-in" MC at first opportunity so the engagement continues?
Simple: make her unable to for whatever reason, and the most appealing is slavery. And as usual for an isekai story, their actual research and handling of such a heavy topic is... lacking.

Deadly accurate take. I would have said the handling was lazy and more based on their personal fetishes but your way sounds SO much better.

Users who are viewing this thread