Maria no Danzai - Ch. 32 - Overtime

Dex-chan lover
Eck, not interested in some training arc. Dude's overreacting, what reason do they have to go after Yuda's mom? All he's git ti do is act like he wasn't involved.
You're expecting way too much out of him, look how he reacted the second his mom told him Okaya pulled up on her

He's cooked

Dex-chan lover
You think so? I dunno, it seems the only people his clique have bullied to such an extreme as to invite revenge were Nagare and Yuda, so it would be natural for Okaya to suspect Nagare's parents by exclusion, since he's been keeping an eye on Yuda. I see no stretches of imagination in his reasoning.

If you what you mean is that Okaya is suspecting a third party out of the blue… hmm, yeah, it does seem flimsy. I mean, all he has to go by is that Kowase, Shikimi and Kinugawa's disappearances were expertly done and Iijima's was crude. But I've seen way worse in terms of leaps in reasoning.

If anything, the two random women talking about Nagare senior's incident in the middle of the street while Okaya is passing by is the more eyebrow-raising event in this chapter. Way too convenient.

All 3 of the previous bullies were giant douchebags and assholes in their own right who went out of their way to treat numerous other people like shit. We've even seen them committing all kinds of crime or torturing people for their own amusement with third parties as well. In what world do you think it would only be Yuda and Nagare's family that would have it out for them?

Again, you are basing this on the assumption (that Okaya pulled out of thin air) that all the previous murders were a result of someone attacking their group specifically but each individual had their own side projects they were doing that would piss off plenty of people. First kid was a rapist who was blackmailing that school girl into sex and selling herself, plenty of reason for someone to want him dead. The gyaru bitch was running with that gang that was honey trapping and catfishing people to steal their money. Again, plenty of people who would want both her and the gang leader dead. Kinnugawa was a violent anti-social asshole who got into countless fights at the drop of a hat.

There is zero reason to suspect that it was a coordinated effort to kill their specific friend group since Okaya and the fat kid are the only ones who seemingly actually keep a low profile. Okaya either pulled the solution out of his ass because the plot demands it for tension or Okaya is so obtuse and tone deaf that he isn't even aware of how volatile his other 3 friends were and so is left to ONLY suspect that it must be coordinated so no one else would want them dead which is equally shitty writing since it directly contradicts Okaya as a "mastermind". No matter how you slice it, it's shitty writing and story telling and faux deductive reasoning.

Double-page supporter
All 3 of the previous bullies were giant douchebags and assholes in their own right who went out of their way to treat numerous other people like shit. We've even seen them committing all kinds of crime or torturing people for their own amusement with third parties as well. In what world do you think it would only be Yuda and Nagare's family that would have it out for them?

Again, you are basing this on the assumption (that Okaya pulled out of thin air) that all the previous murders were a result of someone attacking their group specifically but each individual had their own side projects they were doing that would piss off plenty of people. First kid was a rapist who was blackmailing that school girl into sex and selling herself, plenty of reason for someone to want him dead. The gyaru bitch was running with that gang that was honey trapping and catfishing people to steal their money. Again, plenty of people who would want both her and the gang leader dead. Kinnugawa was a violent anti-social asshole who got into countless fights at the drop of a hat.

There is zero reason to suspect that it was a coordinated effort to kill their specific friend group since Okaya and the fat kid are the only ones who seemingly actually keep a low profile. Okaya either pulled the solution out of his ass because the plot demands it for tension or Okaya is so obtuse and tone deaf that he isn't even aware of how volatile his other 3 friends were and so is left to ONLY suspect that it must be coordinated so no one else would want them dead which is equally shitty writing since it directly contradicts Okaya as a "mastermind". No matter how you slice it, it's shitty writing and story telling and faux deductive reasoning.
I think the fact that all three of the bullies disappeared one after the other in quick succession without a trace is good reason enough for Okaya to assume they’re connected. Like consider that Kowase, Shikimi, and Kinugawa, with the exception of Nagare and Yuda, all targeted different people with no relation to each other and thus no way to coordinate these “disappearances”. If you consider that Maria through Nagare and Yuda are the only two people who were targeted by all five of them, I think it makes sense that Okaya would make that deduction.

Power Uploader
Again, you are basing this on the assumption (that Okaya pulled out of thin air) that all the previous murders were a result of someone attacking their group specifically but each individual had their own side projects they were doing that would piss off plenty of people.

What @NoiseBandit said. I'll just add that Nagare's case, so far as we know, is the only one that resulted in a death, so if Okaya goes by the greatest grudge someone would have against him, he'd reach the right conclusion, too.

In fact, it's a matter of Ockham's Razor. What's more probable: that three different people, out of the barely-overlapping circles of victims of Kowase, Shikimi and Kinugawa, decided more or less at the same time to disappear them with the same clean, skilled method? Or that the two people in the intersection of the Venn Diagram of the three circles, who also happen to overlap with Okaya and fatso's circles, are connected to the perpetrator?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yuda is unappealing and just too much of an annoyance, yet he shouldn't die nor should the author kill him off (too early) because Kiritaka's sacrifice would've been in vain, with the exception of giving his life to save Maria or kill the topdog.

I realllly dislike him as a character, and now he's making things even more complicated because of his mother. GROAN.

Dex-chan lover
I think the fact that all three of the bullies disappeared one after the other in quick succession without a trace is good reason enough for Okaya to assume they’re connected. Like consider that Kowase, Shikimi, and Kinugawa, with the exception of Nagare and Yuda, all targeted different people with no relation to each other and thus no way to coordinate these “disappearances”. If you consider that Maria through Nagare and Yuda are the only two people who were targeted by all five of them, I think it makes sense that Okaya would make that deduction.
This goes way back though. Even when they're discussing Iijima's death they threw out statements "this death probably wasn't by the same person" and "an accomplice that did it without consent" straight out of their asses and even managed to rule out the "accomplice" theory with some wild reasoning. People were complaining about this back in that chapter.

The problem with this is that if they're this smart they're going to be dumbed down by a lot when their turn actually come or else they're just untouchable if they can guess this much from watching the news. It would've been better if they implied they were just throwing darts in the dark and got lucky by getting a reaction.

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, it's clear that Maria doesn't trust Yuda, she knows that a scaredy-cat can open its mouth sooner or later, the advantage is that Okaya still has doubts about who killed the 3 bullies.

Yuda was very stupid to kill Iijima, but he serves as a scapegoat for Maria so that no one knows who is behind all this.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with this is that if they're this smart they're going to be dumbed down by a lot when their turn actually come or else they're just untouchable if they can guess this much from watching the news.
They won't be dumbed down
Maria is going to outsmart them

Dex-chan lover
They won't be dumbed down
Maria is going to outsmart them
Which would put Maria on a legit 200 IQ level intelect and if she had that perception she wouldn't be in this situation in the first place since she would save her son before things got to this point.

Dex-chan lover
Which would put Maria on a legit 200 IQ level intelect and if she had that perception she wouldn't be in this situation in the first place since she would save her son before things got to this point.
She only started to get smart after he died though?

Dex-chan lover
I thought he'd be worried because it means he'd unvoluntarily snitches Maria but he actually is worried about his Mom because it's like she's being kidnapped?!

Whoa, how crazy can Okaya be?!

Dex-chan lover
She didn't have any incentive to be so manipulative at the time
I said she would notice his sons behaviour and act if she was that much smarter and had greater foresight than Okaya. Nothing to do with manipulation. Only odd thing here is how omniscient and omnipotent Okaya appears to be.

Dex-chan lover
I said she would notice his sons behaviour and act if she was that much smarter and had greater foresight than Okaya. Nothing to do with manipulation. Only odd thing here is how omniscient and omnipotent Okaya appears to be.
What do you want me to tell you?
She made a mistake, and she learned to never repeat it again

Fed-Kun's army
I was scared she would kill him to hide evidence but I guess she's still a mother who cares for children .... right ? she's not gonna tell him to kill himself right ?

Users who are viewing this thread