Maria no Danzai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Is that love or or is it arrogance

Double-page supporter
I would've gone with “Mary”, as “マリア” [Maria] is the Japanese name for Jesus's mother. Tho, “Maria” is certainly defensible on foreignizational grounds. Most people will not understand the 1:1 naming scheme tho, and I think that's a loss. There's a clear Jesus parallel with Kiritaka.

Edit: As of Chapter 2, I no longer agree with this and think “Maria” is the way to go. (They reveal her maiden first name is literally “Maria”).

As for the chapter itself, there's definitely a straining of suspension of disbelief with the insane bullying (as is often the case), but I think that's not gonna be an issue. If the series is more serious, this will probably just be the inciting incident and not much more. On the other hand, if her revenge becomes insane too, then this was just setting the baseline. Either way it works. Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic. I dunno. We'll see.
'Maria' = 'Mary'
And It seems you are more prejudice against 'foreignizational grounds' than anything else... If you see clearly that's seems the American Scan got from Bazilian scan... So... Your foundation is Very stupid... '-'

Dex-chan lover
welp, it's 5 in the morning. . . guess I won't be getting any sleep.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is reputation problem
Her son knew it was fake, he knew because he is her son

But what about everyone else? When people watch that video

Everyone will point at his mom, her reputation is gone

Even it was fake, people will keep doubting, scrutinizing, judging his mother

You know, rumor can kills someone, even the rumors was fake.

There are many examples, like there is a case murder, when a witness found a body.

Police cannot find the murder, people around there keep scrutinizing, gossiping and pointing out that the first witness is the murder, even when police said the first witness wasn't the murderer!

The first witness was judged, and everyone keeps isolating and avoid him like he was the murderer, he cannot handle the stress and end up unalive himself

In the end the real murderer was found out, but the witness was already gone

I forgot the case name, I watch it on YT, there are plenty of others "rumor kills people" situation too.

Dex-chan lover
  • Idiots commenting "this is too dark" in a bully revenge series :ROFLMAO:
  • Concerns about the series dragging after the main targets are dead are understandable. No need to stretch things out (cough Tokyo Revengers).
  • Over the top chapter? Sure, it's over the top if he was killed off in a week or something. I'm not sure about the timeframe, but I assume he's being bullied like this for weeks if not months, and then he got isekaid. Personally, I appreciate the quicker setup so the story can immediately start with the revenge.
  • You can immediately tell which commenters were never bullied before, or the ones who were the bullies themselves. You do NOT understand the utter hopelessness of being bullied, by multiple people, and then the bullies threaten the other students to ignore or bully you too. He'd likely get arrested too through the bullies' connections if he fought back.
  • For those complaining about her mom's deepfake pr0n, did you forget that it's five people (who have some status, especially the ring leader) VS 1 guy? They'd never believe him, or worse, bully him with the "fact" that his mother is pr0nstar just so they don't become targets themselves.

Did I hurt him because I was trying to love him or did I try to love him because I hurt him?

I wonder what's up with the ringleader at the end

still holding out for that one panel of Mom(???) being nude, should pop up in some other form later on
Yes I too am wondering why he said that he let the kid win and escape. I did not understand that

Dex-chan lover
Ok, Page 57 is how You Create a Perfect Anti-Hero. I hope she delivers JUDGEMENT to all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread