Maria no Danzai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Show Thy Sins

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting him to know the combination only to reveal another lock he has to do so he'll feel even more despair before resorting to severing his hand off. Thanks for the chapter.
Not remembering does a much better job of demonstrating the contempt and indifference they felt towards her son; it was unimportant. Ah well, regrets.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still suspicious of this pacing.

Hopefully they stick to the main point of the story which is the revenge against her son's killers.

I don't want no dumb cult to Cthulhu with a new team of Elite Four to suddenly appear after the author runs out of villain bodies to mangle.
It very well might be heading that way, if i recall right the leader of the gang is a son to some important head honcho and unless this is a very short manga, we are most likely heading his way. There's also the divorced father, a detective and someone likely to get involved at some point to confront his wife - murder is wrong and yadda-yadda. Doubt he'd help her with her revenge.

Dex-chan lover
I'm all for getting to the revenge faster...but idk the pacing feels off to me at least. Unless this is just the immediate revenge to then set the pacing for the majority of the story. Either way, I moreso want to know about the father and his thoughts on all this. I am betting there will be a police confrontation and he will then be tasked with having to fight justice, his job, or revenge.

Group Leader
I would like to see if the author would use Maria's medical experience to good use. Like resuscitate the bullies when they die or heal them in order to torture them longer.

Dex-chan lover
Damn...

Reminds me of a scene from the Watchmen comic, where Rorschach chained a child killer in his own home before burning it and left a hacksaw behind for the killer as a chance to escape. The killer didn't escape.

That scene was changed in the movie where Rorschach straight up killed the child killer.

na, this is more the unholy breed of "the cell" and "saw"

Dex-chan lover
Hope he can escape
You know he's not gonna escape.
Well, actually, scratch that, I almost sure he will, but once he does, there will be something else waiting for him, which will make him realize that he was never going to leave the place alive, furthering his despair.

Dex-chan lover
Jigsaw would be proud she's more in line with his thinking than ANY of his other apprentices.

Users who are viewing this thread