Marika-chan to Yasashii Koi no Dorei - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

uhmmmm how old is he now?? at some point 6 years gap doesn't matter anymore, although at 11 and 17 it is kinda bad.

Dex-chan lover
@aquariumtourmaline yea I found that interesting as well lol.

Edit: I just realized this is also why Yuu was quick to turn off the TV when the news came out of the teacher scandal in chp.2 damn

Dex-chan lover
She’s legal now though.

But I guess some sort of trauma is still there.

i like how it explains why yuu-kun is always so wary and hesitant whenever Marika tries something with him huhu

thanks so much for the update!

As I thought, he feels disgusted by himself for falling in love with a child at the time. My comment on chapter 3 was actually spot on lmao.
Sure 6 years age gap isn't that much when you're old, but he was 18 and she was 12. He was a pedophile for falling in love with such a young girl, and it's normal that he'd hate himself for it.

Marika is still seeing him as her long teenage crush, while he sees her as the forbidden love he had.

@greatninja3 it's not so much about a trauma. Even if they are now adults, going out with her would still be morally questionable. He met her when she was a child and he was an adult, and started to be attracted to her at that time.
Even if they both grew up, going out with her now is weird. It's like, you're not going to date the young girl next door as soon as she turns 18 just because she's legal now. Rather you should question how you came to be sexually attracted to the little girl next door to begin with, and how immoral that sexual attraction is.

so this is why...
It may be an issue then but since they are both working adults now I think that she gap won't matter anymore if he will just get over his "issues" or fear and if they start being honest then their relationship can start...

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
It's kinda hard to think what to do with a relationship like that, i've never been in that situation but i don't think i could date someone who i saw as a child all my life.

i love how the plot slowly thickens by explaining the fl's side first before getting to the ml's side of the story. can't wait for more 😍

Dex-chan lover
A storyline? In a smut??
HELL YEAH

@Kekitus
This is a rather gray area, but the fact that he still likes him even though she's an adult means she likes her as individual rather than liking every children because they're well, a child (but I can see why he's disgusted with himself because it's quite immoral)
I do have discussion that age gap is more acceptable the older a person is. You're 20 liking 15? Jail for you. You're 70 liking a 50? People will accept it.

@Richman same, I don't think I would or even could date a girl that I saw as a child, even if she's now legal. I'm actually glad that the author is depicting the moral dilemma instead of the usual "welp she's legal now, nothing to see here let's smash that" that you usually see in mangas. Sure she's legal and a working adult, but is it moral?

Not to mention that the problem is actually even worse than the one you described since he didn't really see her "as a child" all his life, but was instead already sexually attracted to her when she was a kid. That's fucked up, and I'm glad the character is realizing it and that it's not just brushed aside as "ye but she's legal now". Having that kind of moral dilemma is what gives depth to the story imo, and what is cruelly lacking in a lot of mangas.

I really enjoyed the moral dilemma of Yuu here.
Thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
Sensei got played outta school and pretty much has his life fucked up like that, and yuu should've done the normal way of confessing rather than masturbating but they fucked in the end anyway,so its just like keikaku.

Users who are viewing this thread