Marika-chan to Yasashii Koi no Dorei - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

I don’t think he is pedophile, he was a Teen himself at the time and teenage boys that age are not level headed ... hormones go crazy at the time.
He didn’t seem to be into children at all, he even wished they were the same age... which is pretty telling.
Although he was young himself, he new it was wrong and distanced himself immediately ...
If he was a pedophile he wouldn’t be attracted to her at all at this moment.
After all this years trying to stay away from her ... he is very confused and like other said her confusing behavior doesn’t help... but the mature play she does doesn’t seem to turn him off either.

I was quite appalled by the comments until @Kekitus. I have a bit more faith in humanity now.

Teenage hormones explaining an attraction to a 12 y.o girl? It's OK because he didn't act on it? He's not a pedo because he also like her as an adult? Letting her see him masturbating makes sense to disgust her? Wtf is wrong with these comments lol.

Clearly the guy should see a therapist. Because not only teenagers are not attracted to pre-pubescent girls but no sane person would have the idea of masturbating in front of their crush to make them hate you. And what about controlling her life from the shadows by threatening guys who show interest in her?

He's worried about being a pedophile, but he's missing the forest for the trees: he's clearly got a huge psychological issue to deal with, and he should get help. This is way beyond "oh but she's legal now". If you consider the way he operates in the extremes (masturbation on front of a child, cutting off all ties suddenly and hiding where he lives, getting angry at other guys), the real-life equivalent of this couple is headed toward domestic violence, psychological abuse and an unhealthy relationship in general.

I'll keep following the manga in hope that the author addresses more than the pedophile part, because it's just one of many issues. And also hopefully the girl starts reflecting herself on the fact that the "love" she discovered in him at that time was not normal.

Yuu & Marika's relationship reminds me of a real life couple with the same issues, Zhang Muyi & Miki Akama, where the girl was literally 12 y.o back then, & the guy was 24. You can google them if you want to know.

It's the same case with Yuu's here. Although it's a bit twisted to say that they both fell for a 12 yrs old girl, but I also don't think these both men would randomly attracted with any girl as long as they're underage, I just think that they both saw something special beyond physical which is happened that special thing to be inside a 12 yrs old girl. In Zhang's case, the relationship between him & Miki are still going strong, as far as I knew they both married in 2018, when Miki has already reached her legal age. They've been receiving mixed reactions from netizens, some of them are supportive, while the rest of course are giving negative reactions. And who am I to judge anyway? Sure for a normal society nowadays this case is considered a problem, but for some ppl it's considered as love, I mean with Zhang & Miki's case it's a consensual relationship and Zhang is still with her even if Miki's already a grown up woman now.

I don't know much about how society in Japan interpret the term of love. But I've seen many news in Japan about guys/women married their sex doll, AI robot, plushies, their pets, anime characters, etc because they 'love' them, and some of them considered it normal while we who are living in the other part of the world see this as pyschological problems. Also regarding the underage thing, I happen to live in country where underage girls in rural areas could get married and have kids and it's considered normal, by the time they reach 30s they would already have grandkids.

And about Yuu & Marika, I think they both are obsessed with each other to the point they would do something out of the norm. Everyone here are pointing out abt Yuu's 'pedophile' behaviour, but don't you think Marika is also a bit twisted herself, she's so obsessed with him even after she knew Yuu's masturbating abt her, she's still in 'love' with him. By the time she reaches 20, she's determined to 'follow' Yuu to wherever he goes and stake a claim on him, looks like she also has a 'stalker' behaviour in herself. If we're talking about normal, they both are abnormal anyway.
Pardon my mistakes, english isn't my 1st language.

Dex-chan lover
@kekitus

You forget that he is only interested in one person regardless of her age. Maybe he's still like her if she's 50 😂
Remember that pedo is attraction to children that don't like someone when that person pass certain age. Is he pedo? Obviously not. However, his confusion steam from that. Thing will be different if she's 20 and he's 26, but we won't have story then.
It makes a nice conflict, pretty rare a smut has plot, lmao

@Mayadee
Yup, this is what I think. Some people just attracted to one another. Tbh, I do make a thread about it on another web and I'm surprised someone mentioned her 15 yo friend and 30 yo man.
YEAH, I'M NOT KIDDING. I'M SHOCKED TOO.
The weird part is, the one who pursued the relationship was the girl and the man was reluctant about it. They did get together and still stayed.
This however, a rare example. Do not recommend.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn. Dude had it rough. But there’s nothing to worry about now, you’re both adults. Go crazy 😂😂

@comedyxtragedy "Remember that pedo is attraction to children that don't like someone when that person pass certain age. Is he pedo? Obviously not. However, his confusion steam from that."

The fuck did I just read? What the fuck seriously?
I really hope you're trolling, because this is wrong on so many levels.
Regardless of whether or not it's "only one person", regardless of whether or not "he still likes her when she's 50", IT'S NOT NORMAL TO BE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED BY A 12 YEARS OLD.
That DEFINITELY makes you a pedophile, so yes, he is a pedophile. A normal person is NOT attracted by a kid to begin with.

@Mangolala Amen. Thank you for giving me back my faith in humanity. I thought I'd lose it when I read stuffs as "it's okay to like a 12 years old girl if she's the only child you like", or even worse "it's okay to be a pedophile as long as you don't assault her and you just wait until she's legal".

And yeah, I didn't even mention that the dude really just masturbated in front of a 12 years old girl on purpose, just to creep her out. I really like so far how the author decides to dig a bit deeper and don't only pass it off as "she's legal now, it's fine", but as you said, I hope he will go further and address the other issues (though it's a SMUT so I wouldnt put too much hope in it).

And I also hope Mizuki realizes how weird and fucked up this is. It's kind of normal that she thought "oh he's in love with me" when she was 12, because that's the kind of pure and innocent thinking a child would have. But I find it aggravating that at 20 years old she doesn't question the fact that a 18 years old boy masturbated to her when she was 12.

@Kekitus Um just want to point out he was 22 and she was 16 when the masturbating incident happened. Dont want to argue with you whether that "makes it better" or justifies anything lolx but I think those details should at least be paid attention to if you're gonna criticize something.

He started distancing himself from her when she was 12, when he realized his feelings weren't purely as a friend or as an older brother figure. He continued to do so until he finally left "for good" after the incident.

Dex-chan lover
@Kekitus

It's wrong when she's only 12, lmao.
But if he's liking her when she gets older, pretty much you can't call him a pedo anymore. Thinking and action after all is two different think. You can like something but to act it out is already something different. He's erasing out his feeling when she's young is already good thing because obviously it's A JAILBAIT, but guess what? He didn't expect to still like her too when she's older.
And think of it, in the end the type of relationship is what determine the relationship. You can have long gap but have respect and healthy relationship or same age but getting gaslight every single day. Yes, the opposite can be the same. This is why type of relationship matter more if both already legal adult.

And yes as you say, normal person won't be attracted to kid. However, attraction itself is weird thing. You can find yourself suddenly like the same gender (despite being straight for whole years), like people you've never met and even like someone's who others find unattractive.
Is it rare? Heck yeah. Does it exist? Yeah...

After reading and doing some thinking on my own, we should consider what has happened so far. We all know they have a 6 year old age gap. When they first met Marika was 8 at the time while the guy was 14 years old. She was in third grade and he was in his last year of junior high. The moment where he starts to get embarrassed and catch feelings for her was when he was still a minor. He stated that the pure relationship between them “continued onto to high school.” Though as he grew older, he distanced himself because he knew those feelings weren’t normal. The feelings that he had were for a 9-12 year old girl from a 15-18 year old man. Later throughout the manga we see he still had a crush on her even though he was 22 and she was 16 years old. For him to get rid of this feeling he wanted her to hate him thus did that stunt in front of her to end the crush that he had on her. In reality, it made things worse by making her fall even more in love with him. Knowing that, he soon leaves making sure to disclose anything about his whereabouts. Now the question still stands, should he be considered a pedophile? He had a crush on a minor though he himself was a minor but it continued on until he was a grown adult. He was a grown adult with a crush on a 16 year old. Though, when she finally is an adult, he still likes her. What do you guys think?

6 years isn't a big gap as legal adults but it's a big gap when she was... not even in middle school yet. I tried overlooking it at first but knowing his backstory it's hard to. That's not the only problem, who the hell purposely masturbates in front of their "crush" to make them hate them I-

I’m surprised that a smut is addressing the pedophilia. He felt guilt for having sexual feelings for her, wanting to kiss her, when she was 12. I don’t think that her being older when she caught him masturbating absolves him completely from the wrongness. I think this just isn’t supposed to be a straight-laced, morally acceptable story. But because he distanced himself and she’s the one chasing him now...and also it’s a smut manga..... I can still tolerate this without feeling like I need to douse myself in holy water.

They are also obsessed about each other to an unhealthy degree. A normal person wouldn’t be able to handle their crazy. The girl esp is hilarious in all her misunderstandings and attempts at femdom. And man, the smut scenes are A++ since the art is so good.

ah, I was wondering about the door being opened. It made me think, ”if you dont usually check if it's locked/closed and if nobodys home, wouldnt you have been caught by your mom often then?” or even by Marika earlier on

You all missing the point that thankfully he treasures her so much that he did what he could to erase his own feelings (as a teen who knows a teen that self disciplined?) for her and even avoided her to the point he cut off all ties. He did his best, he knew it was wrong but now that they're both adults, it's time for them to "talk" about their feelings and be honest with each other.

why cant they hav a normal relationship with someone their own age?
fr this should be a question for everyone like yuu out there...

also im a bit uncomfortable with the theme but the fact that a japanese manga addressed something like this, is very important, you know. when its so many manga out here--not even joseis, theyre shoujos--romanticied big age gap relationship between minor and adult when the older one didnt even feel guilty about it...

Users who are viewing this thread