Martial Arts Reigns

Not good, I’ll say that, but if you’re just here to fill up you’re boredom, it’ll do that at least.

Chapter 1 was just wangst, wangst, an antagonist stupid enough to bring a chair in the middle of a fucking field so he can pose, more wangst. Dropped halfway through the first chapter.

If a real person were to tell me their parents were murdered, of course I would care. But this is a story. Some half-assed main character who has done nothing but take a cold bath tells me his entire backstory in an emotionless narration of a flashback, it’s boring. Not appealing at all. There’s like a million other stories like this, so why should I care about some copypasta wannabe that has nothing special to it? Make it interesting.

I like this it just sucks that I have to put it on hold so they can fill up the missing chapters

Basically all-round below average and not worth reading. You'll get pretty much all the generic Chinese clichés, combined with bad writing, a boring revenge story and poorly written characters. The art isn't horrible, though also far from good. Translation quality is slightly below average as well. Quite a few grammatical errors, missing words and/or just plain weird sentences. Overall legible, though that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Not recommended.

Spoiler Hey I’ve always wondered, when that guy from sword pool showed up and killed the elder which made ye ming go to the donqi academy, why didn’t he just go to see his great grandmaster who’s a martial god and just wiped out the sword pool? Or at least kill the guy who came to his sect. That way he would still be in his sect and can be with su lan instead of never meeting her for 10 years

Group Leader
@AinzOoulGown well because ye ming got something to do which he need to pass Dongqi Academy first, plus his martial uncle, the Red sun sect's leader is on it's way to find Ye Ming's master too (Ref. Chap 201)

A bit of a rant, but that palpable spirit ruined the story introduction. Out of nowhere killed charismatic grandpa with lousy excuse and dumped on MC lots of cheats (for which grandpa struggled and bled for) without MC lifting even a finger. MC even have a nerve to be angry at it, what a douchebag. Better that grandpa became MC, instead we got this funny hair edgelord.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@C3PO The beginning really was a bit of a cringefest, but the story becomes progressively better and it is actually pretty good after a hundred or so chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
@calmbreez
Dude this is a generic martial art manhua. It's mostly showcases fights, and cultivation techniques.
There is romance but not your wholesome vanilla type or that harem type where mc fucks up every girl he meet like "martial peak".

Oh imagine the next chapter, ye ming gets NTR’d from that su yulan or whatever her name is.

Dex-chan lover
227 in 2 days, so go read on their website they say. But their website doesn't have it? Kekw

This is probably widely known, but to me it came as a big surprise...

Reading to the latest chapter, I wanted to read the novel, but there was only that one machine translation I came across...
I thought that I could just feed the raw into deepl and compare the already available mtl with deepl to actually try to understand what is going on...

but the text that came out of deepl actually wasn't all that bad... (as a trial I used a chapter that manhua covered so I could make a judgement) it actually made sense...

It's not that bad if you endure a long time. Ye ming is a big troll, imagine a modern human who watched back to the future got transported there with our era's "behavior".
The main character does not have an harem and is faithful to his woman for hundreds of chapters, the best wtf moment was while participating in a fighting tournament, he was waiting his turn while laying a table having lunch with his girlfriend and commenting, mocking others like internet keyboard warriors.

If I had only one question it is, is there even one chinese comics author who has clues about martial arts? No wonder they are non exitent in ultimate fighting championship, mixed martial arts and almost every low tiers martial arts tournament lol.

Users who are viewing this thread