Maruko to Suugaku Ouji

Group Leader
Can we add an English summary as well?

Momose is a math genius! He thinks that everything can be calculated ... It was like that until he met Maruko Ai, a chaotic girl who believes in "angel of love" and other things. Maruko has a one-sided love for Momose's childhood friend and now Momose is surrounded by many problems that he cannot calculate. And the problem is even bigger ... Is it love !?

@TheSwankSwan. Thanks for translating this! Always love to see Shoujo mangas in male lead's pov. I don't know whether this will end in a bittersweet or happy ending but I'm hooked with the story so far!

cute, and the thematic math metaphors introduced in each chapter are also really cute, and it's cute seeing momose's view of the world change but still retain his love for math rather than invalidate it.

maruko is a really ditzy, cheerful, and super into metaphysics (the astrology, chakras, and healing kind, not philosophy), although it does mildly irk me that her genuine interests are always made to seem silly and frivolous (i suppose societal norms and the common view of metaphysics play largely into that though, and coming from ML pov it would make sense to frame them as such).

momose does kinda irritate me with how he oscillates between being affectionate, tolerating maruko, and pushing her away (that 1st chapter page w/ the sine waves, that is u, boy) but i guess it makes sense. oh, the proliferation of tsunderes!

i hope the math doesn't get pretentious in later chapters. when it's not the titular math metaphor, his math comparisons w/ everything can get overbearing, even w/ me who finds some of it funny bc i understand the concepts lolol

ohmy, is that an arwin pfp downstairs? so cute~~
honestly boy math > love okay you need to graduate and get a job you dingus

Fed-Kun's army
I haven’t seen a shoujo specifically aimed at very young readers for a long time. This is a bit silly but it’s cute and nothing too serious. Definitely a fun relaxing read. ☺️

wah, its over already! didnt realize how close the end was when i wrote my last comment. im glad the last chapter didnt try to highlight momose's "quirky math obsession~" like the previous chapters, instead going for his usual social tone deafness that i actually see a lot in real life w/ ppl who end up taking hyperbolic statements and throw the facts down lol
now that its over, i still stand by my previous statements that the math metaphors are really cute; the mobius strip one for the final chapter was pretty cute, but my personal opinion is that the parallel lines intersecting in parabolic/non-euclidean space is the most romantic hehe
not long enough to have nice juicy character development, but its a nice short fluffy read and the drama ties up nicely

(also yes an arwin pfp hehe)

Users who are viewing this thread