Masamune-kun no Revenge: Engagement - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - The promise still remains, even now

Power Uploader
This moron... he was on the freaking verge of unwittingly sacrificing his relationship to buy a ring (talk about defeating the purpose of saving up for a ring), and he almost carelessly lost it! :facepalm:

"No matter how kind you are"
Fortunately for Koiwai he isn't that kind anymore. And he's just a lucky bastard now. I know I'm repeating myself, but Aki is a saint to have put up with how he treated her thus far, and in the end forgave him just as easily. She really had to take action, going out of her way to save her failing relationship with a guy who didn't seem to care until confronted. I guess her reward for her steadfast love is a marriage proposal from him and a ring which she could use to passively deter most would-be suitors. I would've loved this engagement if it wasn't for how badly he acted in the near entirety of this arc.

Yes, this idiot deserves that bad reputation from the swirling rumors in university (that Koiwai definitely wasn't involved in, given how she worked to help Aki here, this girl deserves to enjoy a bit of schadenfreude and a chance at a new love interest who's better than him). He shouldn't even be thinking of rizzing other girls and being popular with the ladies when he's supposed to be already in love and set to marry his girlfriend in 4 years. I don't remember high schooler Masamune having playboy tendencies. Honestly, it doesn't bode well for her with how much his character was ruined here. :haa:

Good lord, I would've enjoyed this university arc much more if it was about Kojuurou and Neko instead, letting me assume everything was going well between Aki and a more mature Masamune who never regressed into this frivolous idiot...

Or maybe I should just pretend this "sequel"/"arc" that nobody asked for doesn't exist... I can only credit this for at least not making the title a lie in the final chapter.
ALSO something I just realized, the final scene is definitely set to be at the start of summer when Makabe flew to Sapporo to meet Aki. The author fully intended to make another sequel, so we're doomed, this series will never end lol.

Contributor
ALSO something I just realized, the final scene is definitely set to be at the start of summer when Makabe flew to Sapporo to meet Aki. The author fully intended to make another sequel, so we're doomed, this series will never end lol.
It's way past time for them to stop beating this dead horse... god forbid this dumpster fire of an arc also gets animated because they continue to milk every drop from this desiccated husk of a franchise with more and more "content" that nobody asked for.

It's such a waste potential, but looking on the bright side, the story could have gone way, way worse.
Thankfully from my observation, The Love between Aki and Masamune still hasn't erode away, That is the only thing that matters to me.

My Headcanon is that the whole thing occur because of really specific bad coincidence that led to poor judgment on Makabe's Side. Bad Writing is to blame nonetheless.

Tiv said that after this there're going to be an epilogue, and according to the AnimeNewsNetwork Report, the story will end on December 26.

I just hope that they will end the story on the marriage, maybe showing some of their kids, and then make the story rest forever as it should.

PS. If you feel bad about the story, Think of Rent-A-Girlfriend, It works for me.

Power Uploader
It's such a waste potential, but looking on the bright side, the story could have gone way, way worse.
Thankfully from my observation, The Love between Aki and Masamune still hasn't erode away, That is the only thing that matters to me.

My Headcanon is that the whole thing occur because of really specific bad coincidence that led to poor judgment on Makabe's Side. Bad Writing is to blame nonetheless.

Tiv said that after this there're going to be an epilogue, and according to the AnimeNewsNetwork Report, the story will end on December 26.

I just hope that they will end the story on the marriage, maybe showing some of their kids, and then make the story rest forever as it should.

PS. If you feel bad about the story, Think of Rent-A-Girlfriend, It works for me.
We've heard about the story ending on xx day twice, and at this point I don't buy any of that. This series has prove beyond all doubt that it WILL continue regardless of "The End" tag, it is completely up to the author to return to write more trash whenever they need to.
btw, Kanokari has my respect more since at least it is sponsored by the otakus in Japan (Yep, it has to sell to continue this far). Masamune on the other hand just gets a free pass due to it being anime promo product, which I absolutely hate because it waste resources.

We've heard about the story ending on xx day twice, and at this point I don't buy any of that. This series has prove beyond all doubt that it WILL continue regardless of "The End" tag, it is completely up to the author to return to write more trash whenever they need to.
btw, Kanokari has my respect more since at least it is sponsored by the otakus in Japan (Yep, it has to sell to continue this far). Masamune on the other hand just gets a free pass due to it being anime promo product, which I absolutely hate because it waste resources.
I see, Thanks for additional information.

Even if the chances are slim, I just hope it will end on a good note.
It just needs to end sometimes in the future, Otherwise It is gonna be pure insanity.

PS. Jesus Christ, I do forget about Archie.

Last edited:
Contributor
This is not feel like a sequel at all, but more a side story and a bland and crappy one. But well, whatever.

I think most people doesn't like it as well, me included

This would've been better if author focused on Aki and Masamune dealing with their long distance relationship instead of the needless drama of the new girl
Heck, this sequel would've been better if author just made a what if Masamune with other girls or if they just focus on Yoshino dealing with her problem of not knowing what to do with future instead
This whole daym sequel felt like Fujinomiya's introduction into the story. But a whole lot worse. Like whole sht it was so pain full to read this just cause Masamune is so goddaym stupid. This sequel acomplished pretty much nothing beside the fact that they are engaged now, what a waste of my time.

Users who are viewing this thread