Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara wo Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - A Girl and a Star Crystal

Fed-Kun's army
so from what i assume.
his skill Toxin Decomposition ex. isnt just a resistance towards poison or bacteria.
it also causes any ailment and debuff to pass faster rather that eliminating the debuff. because of the way it works. unorthodox things like directly consuming magic would normaly make you sick. but because of the nature of his skill. his body is better at absorbing foreign sustains allowing him to convert magic in to psychical power .

Dex-chan lover
@ShionVaynex

The magic stone earlier is the 'crystallization of magic power' of the creatures.

Basically, it's the best quality magic they can produce as an individual. There's been no mentions of anyone actually consuming them, either because they can't or because they die most likely.
That being said, it's probably not entirely 'pure' magic power, which easily could be used by most people, and even if they could, not like the MC.
So I think the MC's resistance pretty much made him ignore anything but the pure magic power, which then strenghtened him, and that's also why it lost the color, because the magic was removed.

Dex-chan lover
wow, what a shitty father. and the 2nd wife? they can burn for all I care. but not is half brother though, he is innocent in all this. @siralbert, what you said makes sense. It is a possibility atleast.

Group Leader
Since they already spoiled that he's going to become the crown prince of his mother's country in the first line of the last chapter, I'd say it's a good thing he didn't become head of his father's shitty family here, as he's in a higher position than them from his mother's side.

Dex-chan lover
So....Okay, the father could have treated his first wife and child better.....you know what? I never saw any behavior of the father, that would justify taking one of his sons away from him. Sure he gave the "preferred" treatment to his second son, because of his skill. But that's just because of his skill and every noble is expecting that. I didn't see too much negligence so far. Or hostility. Just an evil smirk of his halfbrother and that bitch move with the invitation, that the second wife pulled.
Those errands, that his mother is running on behalf of her mother-in-law, are raising suspicions, that there is more going on behind the scenes. Yet still just running away with your child... well maybe I just interpret too much into that harmless visit to the mother's homeland.

Dex-chan lover
Smooth MC. This is a nice start. What he considered corny in our world is still thrilling romantics in that point in history. Of all the isekai cultural invasion tropes, I do wish we got more literary and romantic stuff.

Eh. Dad isn't being that awful to him. At least he's friendly enough and tried to raise him up at least a little. The blatant favoritism is troublesome when there's first-second wife drama and larger-scale politics, but other than that, he's just paying attention to the more promising son for the future of his household.

If anything, the problematic one is the second wife Camilla who's pulling some more skeevy moves and teaching her son to look down on his half-brother.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the father needs to have something a lot more notable happen to him than one of his wives leaving. Too bad the mc destroys poison, rather than removing it safely for later use. Also those roses have got to be terrifying to tend to.

Other than the second wife, I don't think his immediate family needs much comeuppance. His brother is only 4. We haven't seen the father do much that is terrible (and he is already getting some from his first wife and child abandoning him). The worst that we saw was his mother being sent to do a servant's task by his grandmother. While not done by him, it is something that should never be done to a wife, and suggests some systemic problems that should have been addressed by him.

The precipitating event here doesn't appear that bad. They did come in two carriages, so it wasn't like they were left behind without a vehicle. Heading to an afterparty with the prospective family of the child that just got engaged & focusing on that child on the engagement day is completely appropriate. The father clearly told the archduke's servants why they were leaving early, an oddity that makes it appear he was trying to relay the message to these two as he likely did not know where they were. If anything, this appears to be a gaffe on part of the archduke's servants. (Admittedly, I don't think that is the author's intent.)

That said, at the point where the wife and child's response to the question of 'Hey, should we leave him?' is 'It's good to hear you feel the same as me. Let's go.', the dude has screwed up royally.

@Psychronia
He's neglecting his son. You can still raise someone and not pay much attention to them. It's the way he treats them that's bad.

Fed-Kun's army
Not bad at all. I really like this MC. It takes guts to be polite to the opposite gender when your self-esteem is being assaulted like that.

Users who are viewing this thread