Master of the Divine Beasts - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone provide spoilers? If this story is going to go the route of this monster "taming" his bride, I'd like to drop it now before it hurts any more. It almost feels like a shame that Kai is such an interesting protagonist...

Can you even imagine if Mozart wasn't allowed to touch a piano, if Galileo wasn't allowed to touch a telescope, or if Al-Khwarizmi wasn't allowed to write?

Dex-chan lover
@icekatze seriously, I had some sympathy for the guy since technically he had no choice in this either, but his actions here have all but burnt through it. At this point he's a pig.

If he continues to behave like that and the story will treat it as a "taming the woman"-situation, I'm gonna drop this. It ain't fun reading stuff like this. She has really good potential as a protagonist, she's very intresting. But at this point the ML is just a jerk - or at the turning point to being just a jerk. So yeah, no thank you if he continues to treat her a an object he needs to tame.

@icekatze @icarushector

Same here. Kai is a really fun protagonist but the fact that the blatant abuse and sexual assault in this chapter was really aggressively played off as coy flirting is deeply concerning. This man she absolutely abhors slams her down on the bed, pinning her and implying he's going to sexually assault her, and her mom just leaves the room like "oh~ to be young~~", while Kai, for some unknown reason, starts blushing and thinking "gosh golly gee I just can't understand this attractive man who hurts and then comes close to me" as he literally all but says he intends to rape her. Like??? What?????

Dex-chan lover
@Paradoxicull
Because of the way this was tagged, I've been assuming that what we just saw was not the protagonist getting raped. But I'm going to be really upset if we find out next chapter that my assumption was wrong.

@Paradoxicull
You've written pretty much what I felt but couldn't express into words. I couldn't really give two shits about the ML and was gonna read just for the female protagonist (blacksmithing is my jam and she seems interesting to boot) but this chapter just made me downright uncomfortable.

It's frustrating because there's been a couple of series (both manga/manhua and light novels) where I got drawn in by the main female lead only for my interest to plummet once the shitty "Handsome male lead" shows up and harasses or downright abuses her.

TL;DR: Yuck. Gonna give 1 more chapter a try before dropping it.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this author truly FUCKS UP in this chapter, fuck that fucking trash maid thinking that scene is a good thing, holy shit I am mad. Why do they always ruin such interesting premises with absolute garbage male leads that just because they are sexy af, they can get away with rape. Yes, read a few comics with that and people seem to love it, which makes me want to puke.

This is a garbage narrative full of tropes I thought we were leaving behind. I was excited because I’m an amateur blacksmith and would really love to see a good fantasy romance with that as part of the premise, but fuck it, looks like I have to write it myself.

I’m done, thank you translators for your hard work, but I just can’t. I had some hope things may turn around but nope, cannot even with the ML.

PS: I noticed some others were interested in novels with blacksmiths as hero/heroine, so I will just leave this link. The story is original to the website owner but I have enjoyed it.
https://honyakusite.wordpress.com/wizard-with-the-flower-blades/

I HIGHLY doubt he will rape her, if anything I'm on his side and I'm getting annoyed at the girl.

I agree with you guys !

I truly felt her emotions, she seems like a strong protagonists who doesn’t want to be an object of pleasure for men..

But the ML seriously !!! This girl was about to kill herself and what does he do?! He smashes her self esteem completely with his words and threatens her with rape ?! A complete psychopath!!! I don’t want her to fall in love with him~this is just too much

Fed-Kun's army
if he rapes her i'm gone, fuck that. but thanks for the recommendation @Meeeeercat i'll def check it out!

thank you very much for the update~ hopefully next chapter proves our fears wrong adfslkdalj

Users who are viewing this thread