Masters of Lightning Knives

Dex-chan lover
The story really got itself into that comedy routine of having the kid be the plaything of the old master, and not really go anywhere in particular.
I'm not expecting the kid to suddenly gain superpowers and fly atop the clouds, but I do expect the kid to have more self-agency than a literal walking joke. If that doesn't change by chapter 6, it's a pretty lost cause, imo.

Group Leader
APEP SCANS will be working on this series.
For all further announcements regarding this series, join our discord:
https://discord.gg/HFHfTVz

The kid will probably get a time skip showing his progress because no way in hell is it just going to be about the kid training, the comedy was okay, I guess? But I believe this story has potential if they actually start uploading again.

It's super lame training manga where an old man abuses his disciple and the abuse is treated like some kind of comic relief.

It's disgusting

"you're" not "your", lazy fucking bastard. So passionate and hard working, bringing us the mass releases and you won't bother to do this one thing properly?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, okay. Seems like the core of the humor is about the old man's abuse of that kid, while "trying" to hide his real scummy intentions.
Definitely not my jazz, but the worst part about it all is how little variety this comedy has...Literally all the jokes are about: The master says "this is training", the kid complaints, kid gets beaten up, kid does the chore. Repeat.
All the story needed, honestly, is some measure of "success" and progression for the kid, in order to draw me in. Just show once every 3-2 chapters, that the teacher is not totally full of shit, and by the end of every "arc", that the student actually learns something and makes use of it.
The whole part about acupuncture was a nice example of that, but it's way too little. You can't just repeat the same joke over and over again, and expect people to not get tired of the premise.

@Liightnin
I believe chapter 5 or so actually notified the readers that that's precisely what you should be expecting out of this story. At least, it notifies the reader about very little to no world-building, and it just wants to focus on its jokes.
Honestly, I was at least hoping the jokes would vary a bit.

@Shyvan
The cognitive dissonance you must have experienced while calling someone lazy, while admitting that they mass-released something, must've been massive. Are you brain dead?
You didn't mean "lazy", you meant either incompetent or illiterate. Either way, take a chill pill, holy shit. That's such a minor fuck up to complain about.

@Shyvan, be quiet. If someone works hard to help you, don’t complain about their work. At least they’re doing it for ungrateful brats like you.

@Kerodonasium Well, not like he helped me. I don't like effortless translation that starts at chapter 10 or 50 nor am I grateful. Am I supposed to be?

Users who are viewing this thread