Masuraou - Vol. 6 Ch. 56 - Fireworks

Dex-chan lover
"why do I feel so hot"

that sir is because you are actually a homosexual, it's okay we're cool

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter, but I'm so tired of this fight...

Double-page supporter
The more this fight drags on (and I like this fight for the most part, unlike some other users) the more I feel like Yamato just does not measure up to the class of fighters in this tournament. This is a feeling that's been building for awhile, but this fight really highlighted it.

You've got a natural beast in Tora, that also has the advantage of size, strength, and experience. And he's been built up as so far above the tournament that he's banned.

You've got Kukeru (or whatever his name is, guy that Tora is fighting) that was a karate champ, plus has clearly put a ton of time in developing his grappling and overall fighting since a year or so ago (his development and power now seems exaggerated but it is what it is).

You've got Naruse who knocked out the massive sumo guy with one punch and has already demonstrated some superhero level kicking ability.

You've got the sumo guy, who in my opinion was jobbed out to Naruse, but would otherwise have been a big threat if for no other reason than his size, strength, and agility alone.

You've got the aikido guy, who no doubt could have overwhelmed many with his moves. And really, who besides Tora (and maybe the sumo guy and Kukeru) would have the mass and/or willingness to take damage to do what Tora did to win?

Then you've got Yamato who has been repeatedly pushed to his limits and kind of sneaked through on multiple occasions. Only training / power-up / learning moment really was that time with Tora. It was a nice arc, but he gained one (valuable) skill. His fighting style is extremely one dimensional. His strength / power seems pretty average or slightly above at best, relative to the others in the tournament. His experience is limited to fighting middle schoolers and high schoolers primarily, and the one variable is him blacking out and fighting on instinct. However, instinct only carries you so far when you are so outclassed by others' techniques or brute strength or experience.

The only one that Yamato clearly outclasses is his first opponent, the bald manager.

Overall been enjoying this manga as a bit of a light-hearted, but testoterone-filled battler, but worried where things are going for Yamato.

Users who are viewing this thread