Matagi Gunner - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Now! Shocking News Has Come To Ane Village

cgr

Dex-chan lover
Is that the US wearing a Nazi uniform? LMAOI
I'm not familiar with professional esports/fps, but maybe a unique/provocative design can help you get sponsors?

the south korean and brazilian are clearly designed like other nationalities too.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not familiar with professional esports/fps, but maybe a unique/provocative design can help you get sponsors?

the south korean and brazilian are clearly designed like other nationalities too.

Yeah I don't think any brand would want to be associated with Nazi symbol lol.

Dex-chan lover
are you sure? if so, fps gaming culture seems more stifling than I expected.
The symbolism around that is associated with some of the worst atrocities in the past century and can be considered offensive. No international sane brand would want to be associated with such symbolisms.

IMO, people who consider these stuff “cool” probably just like their sharp designs and are too distanced from what happened in WW2 (time and/or distance wise). Unfortunate, but it is how it is these days.

Dex-chan lover
Dropping wine glasses? Pretty neat emote, I guess.

It looks like while Yamano-san has won in life, even gaining lots of friend requests, he's more worried about the field he's tending. And now that there's gonna be a McBurger nearby, the town's gonna become more industrialized...

Thanks to Shirokane, Yamano has entered a whole new world of popularity. He has copycats in low elo, and Master Tier players are now aware of his skills. Electronics Store-san and Shirokane has found this out, but will Riko also find out? She's definitely gonna confront Shirokane, right?

cgr

Dex-chan lover
The symbolism around that is associated with some of the worst atrocities in the past century and can be considered offensive.
IMO, people who consider these stuff “cool” probably just like their sharp designs and are too distanced from what happened in WW2 (time and/or distance wise).

that's obvious , but I was talking about esports specifically:

a profession that started after 2000 (55 years after world war II) - with huge emphasis on younger generation.

and fps obviously doesn't seem like for people who are that sensitive about past wars

Dex-chan lover

a profession that started after 2000 (55 years after world war II) - with huge emphasis on younger generation.

and fps obviously doesn't seem like for people who are that sensitive about past wars
yeah I'm a modern day person and if I was running a brand I wouldn't sponsor a player with any sort of nazi shit on his profile. They're like, THE example of evil fascist pieces of shit in the public eye the world over.

besides, the dude is pretty clearly just some kinda cyber-general design, not a nazi.

Dex-chan lover

Associating any brands with a war is already an international minefield, thus we almost never see it (unless it’s something related to some state propaganda). Associating it with an international stigma is a brand/image suicide.

Even they target a specific audience, the society will not miss it, and the moment that happens that will ruin the brand (and more importantly stock prices). These stuff are pretty much equal to racism after all. In addition, there are specific laws in Germany (a significant power & market in EU) against these symbolisms.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
Associating any brands with a war is already an international minefield, thus we almost never see it (unless it’s something related to some state propaganda). Associating it with an international stigma is a brand/image suicide.
is sponsoring one player really an issue? when there are lots of world war II games? (some very famous) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_video_games

Even they target a specific audience, the society will not miss it, and the moment that happens that will ruin the brand (and more importantly stock prices).
you got any relevant e-sports examples? because this sounds like some general stuff anyone can say - but often doesn't apply
These stuff are pretty much equal to racism after all.
this is an obvious exaggeration.
In addition, there are specific laws in Germany (a significant power & market in EU) against these symbolisms.
how does Germany, one country, affect international esports specifically?

Also, I'm pretty sure companies don't use the E-sport game's character as their actual symbol and German laws still doesn't stop nazi characters/designs from being made elsewhere in the world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
is sponsoring one player really an issue? when there are lots of world war II games? (some very famous) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_video_games

you got any relevant e-sports examples? because this sounds like some general stuff anyone can say - but often doesn't apply

this is an obvious exaggeration.

how does Germany, one country, affect international esports specifically?

Also, I'm pretty sure companies don't use the E-sport game's character as their actual symbol and German laws still doesn't stop nazi characters/designs from being made elsewhere in the world.

Making games about historical events is quite different than purposely and knowingly endorsing Nazi symbol my guys. Are you a troll or just that dense?

cgr

Dex-chan lover
purposely and knowingly endorsing Nazi symbol
except they're not, they're endorsing a player,

repeating myself:
I'm pretty sure companies don't use the E-sport game's character as their actual symbol

yeah I'm a modern day person and if I was running a brand I wouldn't sponsor a player with any sort of nazi shit on his profile.
sorry, your phrasing doesn't make me think you really know how e-sports sponsoring works, I'd prefer some actual details/sources.

besides, the dude is pretty clearly just some kinda cyber-general design, not a nazi.
I think the iron cross and the bird like symbol on the hat is nazi-esque though - we don't see a swatiska, but it may be covered.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
except they're not, they're endorsing a player,

repeating myself:

sorry, your phrasing doesn't make me think you really know how e-sports sponsoring works, I'd prefer some actual details/sources.

I think the iron cross and the bird like symbol on the hat is nazi-esque though - we don't see a swatiska, but it may be covered.

I assure you in the world of Esports (even regular sports) right now, if a sponsor company finds out its players wear Nazi symbol, they would be dropped overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread