Mathematics Golden - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Mathematics Boys and Girls

Dex-chan lover
I don't get math but I do like people who are earnestly passionate

Aggregator gang
I wish they actually explained theorem. Why make manga that revolves around mathematics and then use it as an empty slogans? :(

Fed-Kun's army
@Tikibo If you read the last page then you'll be able to basically understand the theorem too. If you're not that interested but still curious, then the high level idea of Ramsey's theorem is this: in the given problem there are 17 people + 3 topics and you want to find 3 that share the same topic. Ramsey's theorem says that for any target number of people (here 3) and any target number of topics (also 3 here), there is a large enough group of people (here 17) for which you can achieve this goal.

As for why it's not explained, that's probably because a manga that's structured like a math notebook will flop.

Dex-chan lover
I like the message and moral that this chapter represents. Too often these math problems are structured as memorization problems, recognize the theorem to use and then apply it. But that isn't true math and shouldn't be the goal. It should be learning to think critically and learn how to approach problems like these from scratch. Even if it took you a long time to get it, it was still a great achievement that should be applauded.

Dex-chan lover
Top level math competitions are surprisingly less about memorization and speed and more about application and creativity. I'm really excited to see where this goes.

Aggregator gang
@NinjaSpider I know this theorem. What I meant is that author didn't bother to include it in the manga. It was explained by scanlator, who did an awesome job there.

Dex-chan lover
@Tikibo
But the author did even if it was brief. I mean trying to explain the theorem down to the smallest detail would take at least two or three pages. We're not reading a novel here. The author did a great read enough job and those interested to know more could study it on their own.

Aggregator gang
@sonaldo check math suugaku girls and you will see that explaining a theorem doesn't need to be in a novel nor be boring.

Dex-chan lover
@Tikibo
You mean the manga with this pages?
x10.png

x11.png

And that's just a solution for a one sentence problem mate. No theorem involved whatsoever.

Aggregator gang
@sonaldo lol, like the length of problem has anything to do with the length of the solution. This is also, a valid theorem proof. Theorem doesn't need to be complex nor lengthy.

I don't understand what is wrong with them. Those are perfectly normal pages. I've seen more text in Magi dialogues, not even mentioning Hunter x Hunter. Both are shounen manga.

Users who are viewing this thread