Mato Seihei no Slave - Ch. 137 - Towards Shangri-La, Once More

Looks like the mangaka heard the pleas, and decided to reward everyone!

Too bad everything else in this chapter made me deathly nervous. I really, really hope the mangaka keeps with the tradition of making this series the opposite of Akuma ga Kill….
Same here. Akame Ga Kill was made by Takahiro as well and we know how bad he fumbled with that show. Characters deaths shouldn't be forced and meaningless. And top of that, he almost killed every character. We couldn't even get attached because they would die immediately after. And he let the studio fuck up the anime and let them deviate from the manga. The only thing that needed to be changed was Leone's death (because it was literally pointless) but instead the studio made an even worse ending.

Dex-chan lover
i don't like her eyes squinting a bit when Yuuki thanked him for all her hard work... Makes me think something very terrible is about to happen to her.

Dex-chan lover
Same here. Akame Ga Kill was made by Takahiro as well and we know how bad he fumbled with that show. Characters deaths shouldn't be forced and meaningless. And top of that, he almost killed every character. We couldn't even get attached because they would die immediately after. And he let the studio fuck up the anime and let them deviate from the manga. The only thing that needed to be changed was Leone's death (because it was literally pointless) but instead the studio made an even worse ending.
Many people might have not noticed that killing characters in the author's own story is actually very easy thing to do rather than not killing it. The people who blame the author to not have spine to kill them is just talking nonsense.

Killing a character means cutting ties to potential better plot to the story. That's why it shouldn't happened without a plan. I am agree with your point. There should be a satisfying reasong to cut ties to the character. A story is made to conveying what author's message or making the reader feels joy because it's a form of entertainment and engagement after all

Dex-chan lover
if Akane (oshi no ko spoilers for any anime only, don't! )
survived her death flags in oshi no ko aaaand the alabama flags were also shut down
I can expect Tenka to survive hers
I mean, if Oshi's the case study, we're fucked. I don't wanna rant, but yeah, since Akane and the Hoshinos get away from their respective suspected plots, Tenka probably can survive or atleast will be incapicated like Bell and Yuuki goes ham and adds a few more voices to his schizo.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, I still remember having a buddy back in the day talking about Akame ga Kill's ending sucked and (spoilers but not really, it's an old series) how Tatsumi dying was dumb when he was the POV protagonist. I had to look him in the eyes and ask "he dies? I thought he just becomes a dragon?" Then we both had to stare and acknowledge the difference in being a primarily manga reader (me) and a primarily anime watcher (bud) XD

Users who are viewing this thread