Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 13 Ch. 101 - Gods vs Ren

Not really. Even with all of her power, she's unable to cancel out the reward requirement of Kyouka's power and is forced to abide by it (something that she herself had commented on). That alone shows that she isn't all powerful like she thinks, especially since she (and the readers) have no idea about the rest of the gods powers and could come across a foe who could prove to be a bad matchup for her. Lastly, again she was fighting clones of her opponents and either didn't realize it and/or cared to. Now sure if she's spent her whole life never coming across a challenge and besting everything and everyone with only a spare ounce of her energy, then her hubris would be more than understandable.

But considering she already experienced being made powerless due to Kyouka's slave ability as well as showing she can be caught off guard and/or surprised that she was fighting a clone, her being overconfident is more funny than impressive imo. I mean she didn't even take a moment to ponder why 2 gods were seemingly waiting there, or what their objective was. Instead it was more like, "Oh they ran, so I won like always".
I'm sorry but it seems like you just don't like her that much. Gojo is the same personality as her so I instantly like her. She apparently can't negate instinctual traits like gods power and slave power but c'mon we haven't seen a quarter of her full power also these gods are disappointing so far I need to see more of them before I start downplaying. She actually hurt their main bodies not only double shikoku made a double to escape death after she was overwhelmed even as they left you can see the scratches on them. She also wasn't even really trying she was grinning the whole time and literally thought all the gods were present she was ready to face all of them

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry but it seems like you just don't like her that much.
On the contrary, I actually like Ren. She's among my favorite chiefs, alongside Tenka, Fubuki, and Mira. However just because I like a character doesn't mean I'm not going to give a critique on them. And in Ren's case, the critique mostly lies in her celebrating her victory far too soon, when she hasn't even defeated the enemy. They escaped her and she was unable to prevent it. And sure we haven't seen her full capabilities or probably even a fraction of it, but neither did she (or us in fact) seen what the two Gods were truly capable of.

Lastly, it seems obvious that they had no full intention on completely engaging the Mato Corp. After all, they left no traps and/or ambushes waiting. Instead just two Gods were waiting. Now you might say it'd be arrogance, but keep in mind the Gods have already suffered setbacks, as well as defeats, and even lost a member of their own to the Mato Corp, so I doubt they'd be arrogant enough to think that just two of their members would be enough to handle all of the Mato Chiefs. Sure if they had an opportunity to kill a chief (especially Ren), they'd take it in a heartbeat, but that obviously wasn't their objective.

But those are things that Ren should be considering, but since she's not, it'll be a manner of time before it comes back to bite her.

On the contrary, I actually like Ren. She's among my favorite chiefs, alongside Tenka, Fubuki, and Mira. However just because I like a character doesn't mean I'm not going to give a critique on them. And in Ren's case, the critique mostly lies in her celebrating her victory far too soon, when she hasn't even defeated the enemy. They escaped her and she was unable to prevent it. And sure we haven't seen her full capabilities or probably even a fraction of it, but neither did she (or us in fact) seen what the two Gods were truly capable of.

Lastly, it seems obvious that they had no full intention on completely engaging the Mato Corp. After all, they left no traps and/or ambushes waiting. Instead just two Gods were waiting. Now you might say it'd be arrogance, but keep in mind the Gods have already suffered setbacks, as well as defeats, and even lost a member of their own to the Mato Corp, so I doubt they'd be arrogant enough to think that just two of their members would be enough to handle all of the Mato Chiefs. Sure if they had an opportunity to kill a chief (especially Ren), they'd take it in a heartbeat, but that obviously wasn't their objective.

But those are things that Ren should be considering, but since she's not, it'll be a manner of time before it comes back to bite her.
I understand what you mean but I personally wanna see her get beat so bad she reflects on her whole life and actually grow as a character. You see its understandable that someone as powerful as her who is lauded and put on a pedestal by everyone is so cocky and arrogant. She got it bad dude if she loses she will become a goat. I just wish there is someone in the manga that will beat her ass and simultaneously talk shit so she actually reflects.. Hope she doesn't die because her character can become beautiful she has mad potential. Gojo satoro was exactly like her until toji humbled his ass and then he truly became the strongest that's the kind of hope I have for ren

The commander, sure, is strong as fuck, but the gods didn't fight with all their force.

Users who are viewing this thread