Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 17 Ch. 134 - The God's Proposition

Dex-chan lover
And now we start the "I knew you knew that I knew that you knew that I knew it's a trap" cycle.

Of course, it's going to end with Ren losing, Yuuki saving her, and a fun reward, because that's the kind of series this is, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride between here and there.
I'm hoping for a doggy style dry hump reward scene then.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or they look like Shogun from Genshin and you know who right?

Thanks a lot for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Whatever. I don't feel any excitement with this plot. It's too bland compared to the same kind of plot in 'aoki hagane arpeggio'

Give me more about azuma or his big sister please...

Dex-chan lover
I've always been a fan of the trope where, in a world where superior strength is so common that it starts to lose its luster, disputes are then settled through war of words. GATE's senate summons, Overlord's Empire visit, and Youjo Senki's ep12 are prime examples of that trope done excellently.

Given that the Mato Defense has two unbeatable commanders in their midst, perhaps this mind game subterfuge decision-making truly is the way to go story-wise.
This author doesn't have the skill to do that trope

Dex-chan lover
to be fair the so-called gods started the fight in the first place. why did they decide to open the portal through our world, human beings with such high curiosity of course will enter the portal. Also, they're the ones who started the war by sending some monsters to attack humans. If they don't open anything the war wouldn't happen and the mato corps will not exist.
Oh yeah forgot about this plot point, human wasn't the one who invade the realm, but it was the god and shuki who open the portal first and trying to invade, or will there be a new plot involving a human who was the one who tried to invade the mato?

Dex-chan lover
This is 100% a trap but it's interesting at the same time because I kind of believe her. Like, I can see them being, "Well fuck we lost three gods. We have to change the plan." And then the gods just wanting to be worshipped instead falls so hard in line with how Earth treats gods in general. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
Too short!
(That‘s what she said!)

But yeah, I can see them falling for this greedy trap quite easily.

Dex-chan lover
Thats the reason they want to wipe out all humans!? Trespassing!? that's quite the exaggerated response. They are basically the old man across the street who yells at kids to "Get of my lawn!".
If you look at it on a nation/state level, it's not that reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
Offering resources to pique our human greed. Smart. Most efficient way to form some cracks somewhere in the Mato Defense.
She probably understands that most of the higher-ups would want to take in the deal, but as we just saw most of the actual soldiers in the defense force do not want to take the deal, so we have a split that could turn into a big crack, yeah.
Also, there is the possibility that with shrines and stuff they get stronger? Like more people worshiping them make them more powerful, powerful enough to fuck up humanity

Dex-chan lover
She's literally use snakes. This might sound racist but it's quite on the nose as to what her nature is. Plus, her target is Yuki as she's seen how he works. Well that might've been your fault but still...!

Users who are viewing this thread