Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - The Azumas' Affairs

Fed-Kun's army
Control time? Really? Against a speed form? It's the same as having no powers. If the mc can train to become as fast as the speed of light he'll pretty much negate her ability. Main reason why I prefer a space control ability, over a time control one.

Fed-Kun's army
>the opponent can control time

Whew lad that's gonna be a tall order. I assume she can't use it for long or chain it in quick succession, or else she would be among the most powerful ability users out there.

@BloodySorcerer
I mean, being at the speed of light will overpower basically any other ability user. Even if you had the ability to control space, if you're against who moves at the speed of light, you're already fucked.

Fed-Kun's army
@ToriichiI Not necessarily. If the Space controller can use blackholes he can stop the Light Speed user and make him vulnerable. Depending on how powerful he is, he can also leave the guy in a constantly expanding space, reducing the guy's speed to levels where he can deal with him

Fed-Kun's army
@BloodySorcerer
I would guess it depends on how the fight starts. If the space user surprise attacks the light user, the light user would be defeated/killed by what you have said instantly since he would be caught unawares. However, the opposite is true. The last type of fight would be something like a duel where both opponents start at the same time, I would argue the light user would win. Let's say that in the duel the space user is able to summon his constantly expanding space, trapping the light user. This is still imo in favour of the light user since they are moving at the speed of light.

TL;DR: The light user uses less energy to deal with the space user than the space user does to deal with the light user. Hence, all the light user has to do is to win a battle of attrition.

Wall of text and math incoming
The light user is 100% doomed if he is trapped within the event horizon, as even light cannot escape. However, the forming of a black hole is not instant, it still takes less than second. Let's say the black hole fully forms its event horizon in 0.5 seconds. In 0.4 seconds, the light user is already 120 million km away, safe from the event horizon. I do not believe that the space user can summon a black hole that will be fully formed with its radius exceeding what light can travel in 0.4 seconds. Remember, he is already maintaining a constantly expanding space just to contain the light user. Hence, the light user can simply wait until the space user is exhausted.
Some context for my next part:
Light is made up of photons. Photons have no mass, and objects with mass cannot travel at the speed of light. So for the light user to travel at the speed of c (light), I would assume his power also makes him have no mass when he is at the speed of light, thus all of the particles that make up his body turn into photons (or at least some particle with no mass that move at speed c).
E = energy (joules)
h = planck's constant
c = speed of light = 3x10^8
f = frequency
λ = wavelength

Ok so, to support my claim of the light user using less energy, we will calculate the energy of a photon with wavelength 550nm (Within the visible light spectrum and let's make the colour white because it's cool).

We solve for frequency:
c = f/λ
f = c/λ
f = 5.45x10^12

Now, we can solve for the energy of one photon:
E = h x f
E = 3.62x10^-21 J

But, we are assuming all of his particles turn into massles particles all moving at speed c. Quick google search shows the average human body has 7x10^27 particles, so we times that with energy per photon and we get:
Total E used = 2.53x10^7 J per second of time the light user is at the speed of c. This is not counting all other energy used by the human body but thats a rounding error compared to the energy needed to move at speed c.

Now, the energy consumption of the space user. First off, I don't know how to calculate the energy usage of his constantly expanding space, but since it can contain the light user, it is moving at or faster than speed of c. So, I'll decide it uses the same amount of energy per second as the light user.

Let's say that the space user can make something the size and energy output of our sun into a black hole. He can instantly collapse space and make a black hole there (no supernova, that's crazy) while injecting one second of the energy of our sun's last breath before it instantly collapses. Our sun generates 3.8x10^26 Joules of energy per second. That's how much our space user needs to put into the black hole's forming. After that, the diameter of the event horizon around the singularity is only around 5928 metres. It only takes light to cross 5928 metres in 19 micro seconds (19x10^6 seconds), so our opponent would be long gone and would not be caught in its event horizon.

My last paragraph regarding the energy use of making a black hole is most likely incorrect, as I have not studied black holes in much depth at all. However, I believe my point still stands; a man moving around at the speed of light is less intensive than a man maintaining a constantly expanding space at the speed of c and making black holes). If anyone has read this far, thank you for reading! This took me a bit to write, but I guess I enjoy trying to apply what I've learnt in school to something I find interesting or worth being discussed.

Dex-chan lover
idk why, but all the girls always seemed bad at first and then become decent the next chapter

Fed-Kun's army
that shower scene was hot and im already calling it sister will join the harem as well.
for people wondering how they are gonna beat her sister who has time manipulating ability? well did you remember mc beast form when he is contracted with himari? it was speed-related so basically they will go even faster, that her sister won't be able to counter.

Dex-chan lover
I believe that "price befitting the slave work" is not decided by the slave but by the master as it has always been.

First encounter set the mood of the rest of the series, MC licking the chief fingers was his only actual decision on the "reward" system. The chief was impressed by her new slave power and most important she was ok with being licked erotically so she was probably thinking on lewd rewards too.

The second encounter was only headpat because even if MC did a good work it was just not as good as the girls.

Saving giant dere was a 7/10 job but MC got a shit 1/10 reward because chief was angry with both MC and giant dere for doing something dangerous and unneeded.

The third time the chief and the MC had a date eating sweets, he simply ran down the road and was rewarded with removing chief clothes from her body. 9/10 reward for a 2/10 job. It was because the chief was happy that MC liked her clothes and had a girly date. I think this proves it.

Then the fight with the "one horn" rationally the chief knew that MC took the right decision and its thankful so she gave him a culture reward but she also feels emotionally conflicted so the reward was too cultured.

This last chapter reward was not a big deal, he punched a few monsters as he had done before, I would say an average 5/10 job. But pretzel chan was deep down thinking on the shower encounter where he saw her in her underwear so that was the reward.

I am sure a better scientist like @Toriichii can explain it mathematicaly

Aggregator gang
@Toriichii
I know I'm a bit late to this conversation but that was pretty interesting. In a fight like this, the first thing I'd think about is the reaction speed. I'd expect a light speed fast person to have light speed quick reflexes to keep up with moving at that speed, but what about the space user? They'd just be KOed before they knew the fight had begun.
Or perhaps the space user could increase the distance between themselves and the light user before the match for preparation. If they could prepare though, it'd be better to just start off with creating a singularity in the way (or right beside the light user, but would that be cheating?)
The energy required for expanding or compressing space itself is actually a big problem in explaining the universe, which we currently have no answer for other than 'dark energy'

Fed-Kun's army
@BREAD123
You would be correct I would say, since reaction time can determine the whole fight instantly. However, I already addressed that the light user would win if he got the jump on the space user. After some thinking, I believe that the space user could actually kill the light user instantly with a method I'll discuss below the wall of text. But first let's have the space user use wormholes to kill the light user because I like having my imagination run wild so please put up with me for a bit.
Reaction time is definitely something in the favour of the light-speed person. However, since their opponent can control space, they can be right next to one object but actually be at the other side of the observable universe using wormholes. Here me out:
A wormhole (or portal) connecting to another is in essence, creating a hallway. Let's say space is your monitor, and your monitor has three axis that define the dimensions of space; axis y goes up and down your screen, axis x goes left and right of your screen and finally axis z goes towards you from your screen and away from you into the screen. A portal will be a shape that will have dimensions in the x and y axis and not the z axis. Why? because a wormhole transfers an object from one place to another with no delay. (I'm going full sci-fi where there's no mathematical/physics jumbo about what exactly is between an entrance and exit of a wormhole and treating it as though it is simply a 'hallway' that allows objects to get from point A to B with no delay).
Now, Lets have them start off a duel. Space man has a portal between them and light-speed user. Space man has the slight advantage of being able to do his move first, which is to extend the 'space' between the wormhole entrance and exit. Light man jumps in to pursue but is trapped, for he is now stuck in a constantly expanding space. Because Space man has now just made it so that for an object to reach the exit wormhole where he is need to travel faster than light, Space man cannot see anything in there anymore, for he is getting no information back because well, light can't reach him. Space man then crimps both entrance and exit shut, after a few seconds thus trapping Light man in a space between space. Light man either straight up dies or is now trapped somewhere with no place to go. If Light man did not jump in, he would be fine and so would Space man since he doesn't have to deal with something pursuing him. Addendum: I will not address dark energy since I have no idea where to start regarding that lmao.

Now actually discussing your comment of
start off with creating a singularity in the way (or right beside the light user
I've already said that
If the space user surprise attacks the light user, the light user would be defeated/killed by what you have said instantly since he would be caught unawares.

In a duel, both parties would be aware of each other so it doesn't matter if Space man pulls a cheeky and instantly summons a singularity right next to Light man because like you said; Light man would have reaction times at the speed of light. Thinking about it however, neither you or I have discussed the underlying problem in this fight. What actually stops the space user from just creating a singularity inside Light man? If that's the case, then Space man wipes the floor with Light man, provided Light man doesn't get the jump on him first. Since singularities have infinite gravity Light man would just disappear if just a tiny part of him touches it.

We can most likely keep going on about how space user can kill light user with x and the inverse for a while, as long as we keep adding more to what abilities either can do in the name of their power and that's what is fun about subjects like these.

Sorry if some stuff doesn't make sense/grammatically incorrect. I'm too tired rn and I wanted to quickly write down my thoughts before I forget lol
Hope you had a fun read

Aggregator gang
@Toriichii I didn't know mangadex had a notification so I totally missed this comment.

On the wormhole stuff, yes, the ability to warp space would make transport faster than going at the speed of light. Theoretical researchers are actually looking at warping space as a way to move faster than light (But I don't think we'll find a way soon, :( )

The singularity part would make me lol, imagine building up some tournament arc only to end it with one dude making a singularity and ending it in seconds.

It surely was fun talking to you!

Users who are viewing this thread