Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 7 Ch. 48 - The Commander's Battle

Dex-chan lover
@joshua_mai
You do know the majority of the characters are Japanese and there for all fall under the umbrella term of "poc" right? also did the chapter hint or imply they were "western"

Fed-Kun's army
@Trippersigs22 haha it's an interesting take

I guess Japanese are "people of color" since they aren't white but that term is usually used to designate a minority, oppressed group due to skin color in a country (atleast in America where it the term finds the most common use). Since Japan is super homogeneous it would be disingenuous to use that term in this context. Maybe if they were in America it would count but that's funny too since Asians are sometimes removed from such groups due to having high levels of average education and income. This really isn't the place for politics but I just found it funny.

Dex-chan lover
Well, judging by the rotating cards and shit, at least she clearly can't use ALL her Buddha abilities at once. (For the uninitiated: Judging by the last panel, she seems to have the abilities of all of the Five Tathagatas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tathagatas ). But it's still probably going to be bullshit when Kyoka fights and beats her in the future.

@Voideater It is a buddhism thing. But after reading into it. Vairocana is said to represent everything in the cosmos and is also above the cosmos as well as some mentioning of how any variation represents him. So I kinda means she has control over everything similar to the original texts of Vairocana. Represents everything and above everything which is a bullshit ability to have

Fed-Kun's army
She too damn OP but i guess only matter of time before she jobbed to villain anyway

Fed-Kun's army
I think it's impressive how well- the panel where the guy is at the bottom of a sea, -is drawn. I think it would be hard for any artist to suddenly draw the bottom of the ocean somehow.. I just thought it was worth mentioning how versatile this artist really is.
(Ofc the artist didn't have to draw it suddenly/out of his/her head, and surely they use reference material/photos for help)

Group Leader
wait a minute I'm buddhist and yet I never heard those things before

Users who are viewing this thread