Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 7 Ch. 48 - The Commander's Battle

Dex-chan lover
So anyone have any idea what the symbol in her eye translates into? I'd assume nothingness or something.

EDIT: Some searching says it's a symbol that's present in the Mantra of Light.

Fed-Kun's army
@Acolytus
It felt like the artist designed a bunch of mob terrorist and thought "oh right only woman have abilities..."

So, Vairocana, the embodiment of the concept of the Five Tathagatas, comprised of the concepts of all seasons, elements (wind, fire, earth, water, space/void), the cardinal directions, and the conventional five archtypical modes of wisdom in Vajrayana/Mahayana Buddhism. I am not a scholar of Buddhist doctrine by any stretch of the imagination, but I know enough to realize that these combined concepts make her overpowered as fuck.

Whenever any character in anime/manga is typified by a symbol of Buddhist doctrine, they're always overpowered as hell. That's just the way it works, apparently.

Dex-chan lover
I get that redrawing is too much to ask in the best of times, but some TN notes about the characters displayed woulda been nice. It's frustrating to feel like you're missing something.

Group Leader
@twinklecake You're missing only the usual "What will happen next!?" and "next chapter on XX/YY(saturday)" texts. Essentially nothing -- Just things that would delay the release needlessly.

So, that deep sea death is a little in accurate. Actually, a whole lot inaccurate. The human skull cannot sustain its shape at such pressures, so his eyes wouldn't be the only thing forced inwards -- his hole body would be squashed into something like a rope.

Double-page supporter
I like how some people immediately noted virgo shaka from saint seiya for comparison haha

@Acolytus I know, right?

I was like, "I thought men cannot obtain the power of fruit except MC", then I realized, they are women ( they have boobs). Not sure about the bald drugged person though.

@FgoSegul Bruh, don't you know Buddhism is based on the teaching of Gautama Buddha, an ancient Indian prince?

Though I get the confusion since Buddhism is more popular in south east asia (like thailand for example) than in India, giving the impression that it is not Indian.

I call it, the commander is Esdeath of this manga. Make sense since the author did wrote akame ga kill.

Dex-chan lover
@elphbasedgode At least she didn't endure it for long... decompression would kill you pretty much instantly if it is deep enough, and considering she said the bottom of a distant sea, I would assume it is pretty damn deep.

Damn. So one girl can grow big, and the can call on the power of ancient gods. Sucks to be you if you don't get a good one I guess

Users who are viewing this thread