Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 7 Ch. 53 - Slave's Sky Dance

Dex-chan lover
@KeiosKod
Huh, with her mention of only being able to feel close to MC alone after talking about how other boys don’t have powers, I wonder if Yakumo has a complex of not being able to get closer to people who can’t protect themselves from the Shuki. Possible trauma?
Hey that's a good prediction!
I'd say overall it's unlikely though. These chapters don't get many pages and I believe the manga is biweekly. Outside of the main cast, I don't see that kind of detailed development for the side characters unless this goes into a few hundred chapters.

Right now it's most likely a throwaway statement the author's using to explain how she came to be so gay.
I've got mixed feelings on that though... Not every personality trait needs to have a "reason." People can just have them.

@yarielist
(Is this NTR story ?)
He's not in a relationship with Kyouka, and Kyouka has emotional barriers around herself that won't let him in anyway.
NTR is when the person in a relationship gets taken by someone else.
He's just popular because he's willing to risk his life in the Mato world as a "weak" guy, is emotionally cognizant, and isn't domineering towards the girls.

@frostf14
Just gonna ask but is the reward random every time? (apart from the fact that I guess the bigger the risk/effort the bigger the reward)
An earlier chapter proved that the reward turned out to be related to the protagonist's latent desires. The one where he got stepped on I think, but yeah, the bigger the effort, the bigger the reward also factors in.
We don't know if the latent desires for the master play any part yet. Kyouka's the only one who's ever kissed Yuuki as part of the reward, and she even kissed him for a relatively small amount of effort. I really can't wait until the Kyouka de-icing arc. She's already got her revenge so all she needs is to be able to forgive herself and come to terms with her weakness while learning to rely on someone else. Coming to terms with her weakness is most likely the current arc's very premise. Getting into contact with all these chiefs is making it obvious that she's the weakest.

The reward for the lesbian has her undress her top? It's probably gonna be a boob press or something like that. He only killed like 4 shuuki, and flew really hard. I doubt it'll be anything major.

This event though is setting up for the characters adventuring back towards base, since MC is pooped and I doubt they could fly the same distance back to base. It might actually be dangerous since they're alone and the gods have an eye on Yuuki. Plot's probably gonna pick up starting next chapter.

EDIT: You know... before they had the mock-fight with Tenka's team the wrestler girl dropped the theory that a person's ability was based on their nature and personality. That Himari got the ability to copy abilities from wanting to learn from her sister, and that Yachio got her time ability cause she's crazy about spending time with her sister. The theory really fits well with all the characters introduced so far... except one.

If you follow that theory, Kyouka's ability doesn't make sense. The story's definitely gonna re-center around her at some point to tackle the weird disconnect she has as a character.

@TitanAnteus I thought Kyouka ability came from her obsession with getting her revenge on one-horned. Which makes sense cause she was basically a slave to that idea cause all she ever did from that point was train for the day she meet it again and kill it.

Fed-Kun's army
@TitanAnteus
Right now it's most likely a throwaway statement the author's using to explain how she came to be so gay.
I've got mixed feelings on that though... Not every personality trait needs to have a "reason." People can just have them.
Your observation clarified the nagging feeling I was having with that line. On the one hand, that line may open a door to a backstory with lots of potential, and it justifies why she is suddenly showing interest in the male MC beyond a low-effort "even lesbians love the MC." On the other hand, it also sounds as if there was a need to rationalize why she prefers girl beyond, you know, personal tastes.

Dex-chan lover
@Misticsan
Your observation clarified the nagging feeling I was having with that line. On the one hand, that line may open a door to a backstory with lots of potential, and it justifies why she is suddenly showing interest in the male MC beyond a low-effort "even lesbians love the MC." On the other hand, it also sounds as if there was a need to rationalize why she prefers girl beyond, you know, personal tastes.
Yeah, but I can't fault the author since he's consistent about it.
Everyone has a justification for every personality trait. Protagonist is kind and has a desire to be a hero because of his sister.
Kyouka's distant, and professional because she's been on the path of revenge for so long.

It's a thing I notice in some forms of fiction that tends to bug me. Makes the characters feel less human when every part of their character can be explained away logically. HEAVY NURTURE vs tiny nature.

The other work that this bugs me in is the Trails series of video games.

Thinking on it, Takahiro's like this for everything he's written. From Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero to Majikoi!(seriously fall in love with me) to Akame Ga Kill! Personality traits are all explained in a relatively logical way, with the few exceptions of the irredeemable villains.

@MangaScholar_0313
I thought Kyouka ability came from her obsession with getting her revenge on one-horned. Which makes sense cause she was basically a slave to that idea cause all she ever did from that point was train for the day she meet it again and kill it.
You said the words, "slave to that idea." That's an idiom that only exists in english.
The fact that her power REQUIRES another person to work is the disparity in her revenge character trait.

Nei's future sight can be said to come from the fact that she wants to find her parents.
The barrier chick's power from the mock-battle can be said to come from the fact that she's a huge nerd for the Mato Elite and wants to meet them.
Shushu's personality is... BIG.
Wind Captain is a "free spirit"

It really makes sense for every character besides Kyouka.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ITS A GOOD DAY TO WAKE UP TO A NEW MATO SEIHEI NO SLAVE CHAPTER

every time I see new chapters appear, I look at the gender tags hoping a "smut" tag appeared...

Users who are viewing this thread