Matsurika Kanriden ~Koukyuu Jokan, Kimagure Koutei ni Misomerare~

Contributor
This is certainly interesting, with both good signs (doesn't feel quite like something I've read before, and the characters feel like they're true to themselves and the conventions of their semi-fictional-semi-historical world, as much as they are to shoujo tropes) and red flags (mostly the ruler's I-will-have-it-my-way attitude, which I sure hope he doesn't bring to romance when that starts in earnest).

@Keansor said:
Protagonist's reason for her low self-esteem seems kind of forced, assuming it's all based on the one incident we've seen.

I was under the impression that that was a representative sample of the sort of trouble she has—that is, people getting unreasonable expectations and thrusting her into uncomfortable positions where she can't perform well, seems to be a recurring theme even within the limited scope of what we've seen so far.

modest rise in position from a low rank palace maid to an official within the inner palace

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Oh, how unusual! There aren't too many Japanese manga with a focus on Chinese culture. Aside from the bizarrely popular Three Kingdoms stuff;;;

The art for this is really cute too!

Contributor
I only read the first 2 chapters so maybe it gets better, but personally while I think the art is good the story felt painfully cliche and neither the heroine nor love interest seemed to have much in the way of personality.

I like shoujo, but this feels a bit too shoujo; I don't feel motivated to root for the MC at all or see any reason for her to be with the love interest other than that she's supposed to and I guess being with someone who's seemingly perfect in every way is nice? The both of them are just so typical for shoujo characters, they don't stand out at all.

I know this sounds pretty negative, but I guess I was just disappointed because the premise sounded like it could be interesting and other people in the comments were saying they liked it.

This is a good manga. I want more manga where the main character develops and is someone that represents the different facets of growing up in a male dominated field as a female character. This is interesting and I want to see it progress further. I'm rooting for you, MC! Go learn and become a badass smart lady!

Rather than seeing how the romance will progress, I want to see Matsurika bloom into a splendorous flower. I want to see her become an official who can support the country and Hakuyou, the temporary emperor. I hope someone picks this up! It has great potential! Please, someone, pick this up!

Fed-Kun's army
This might be helpful for anyone reading... it seems like the next volume/chapter (raw) hasn't come out so there wouldn't be any new chapters to translate.

Fed-Kun's army
@Grinning_idiot I don't think it's been dropped. Rather, I think since the first volume is done, the mangaka might be on a break or maybe working on the second volume. Can't be sure though.

I love this storyline. Thank you for updating! Hope it gets updated more regularly 🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️🙇🏻‍♀️

Thank you for translating this, I love the story so far. <3 I hope it continues to update.

Users who are viewing this thread