May I Ask for One Final Thing? - Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
For belittling Nanaka of being a human servant they sure don't have much of ''beast instincts'' themselves seeing how close Scarlet and Rex where to turning them into meat pulp lol.

Pretty cute how fast Rex and Nanaka became friends.

Dex-chan lover
I would support the official version if it had physical copy, I will never support digital models. Have people learned NOTHING from the recent events with Funimation/Cr library or Sony and that other library?
Hey, money is money so no, no smart things as learning here.
Do expand on that. I am ignorant about this matter.
Region locking. Also, nowadays you don’t necessarily own anything digital since the platform has all rights to rescind your access to those pages without compensation (eg: platform shutdown).
for being a MTL, it is surprisingly good, well done!
the key to a good MTL is proofreading, because if there’s no proofreading it will read worse than an average human translator’s raw TL (but still better than an absolute retard’s TL). End of the day even a human-translated TL has been proven to be able to be equally cringe-bad if not proofread properly and some larger groups DO sometimes have this issue too (LHT and most groups doing manhwa/manhua scrolls being the more notorious with the occasional slip-ups.) context and consistency (especially towards keywords and terminologies) are highly important.

Dex-chan lover
Even if it isn't region locked, if said company doesn't actually officially exist in your country, your options are nill, if something goes wrong.
Available in your country and supported in your country are two separate things.

Take CR for example, they don't officially exist in most of EU.
Precisely this. As much as the companies want to maintain control, or because of it, lack of circulation, subsequent lack of availability, elevated costs and sticker prices as a result, are what make aggregator sites prosper. The reason a lot of people read from here or other sites is because it's the only access option we have. We wouldn't even be aware most of these titles exist either, so thank you MangaDex for staying open.

Thank you for the scanlation. i can't read the eng version because my region is not available

Dex-chan lover
Do expand on that. I am ignorant about this matter.
Others have explained it well already, but I'll add to it.

Online platforms are not ownership, but rentals. If you buy access to a digital service (anime streaming, or a digital book stored on the cloud) it only exists as long as that website exists, and the company that hosts the service can shut down/be bought out at any time.

Even if you download the digital content and store it on your hard drive, it's more fragile than a physical copy. Digital technology evolves very quickly. Think of all the VHS tapes that don't have VHS players, or laptops that don't have CD-ROM drives. The software that you read your E-books on could stop being supported one day and you'd be unable to read those books again. This process is called Lost Media. Every time a new media technology gets adopted and old media technology loses popularity, it's impossible to preserve and transfer 100% of the old media to the new format. Some content gets lost.

This problem is compounded by how rapidly digital technologies get updated. Paper storage lasted for hundreds of years. Film lasted close to a century. Vinyl and magnetic tape and compact discs each lasted a few decades. Betamax or minidisk fell out after a few years. But digital products get updated every few months with changes to software and hardware, and could suddenly find themselves obsolete as soon as a company decides to stop updating their services. The rate of technological growth is unbelievably fast these days and the lost media phenomenon occurs regularly every few years.

On the other hand, it's a pain to move your entire manga/LN collection every time you move.

Dex-chan lover
In addition to what others are saying about access to digital copies of media - specifically what happened with Funimation...

The fact of the matter isn't just it happened, it's the fact that they could have just, you know, not pulled that BS.

Thing is, it would have been no big deal to just grant users who had access to those titles on Funi's servers to the very same titles on CR's servers as well once Funi went dark.

But they didn't.

Instead, they decided they wanted to make even more money by not rolling the access privileges from Funi to Soggy. And this despite owning what is arguably the largest market share of titles being distributed in the US, and having a direct pipeline for title acquisition through their parent company, Sony.

It's such an inept and boneheaded move that I can't even think of them as being "crunchy" anymore. They're now Soggyroll to be, because they're as sad and pathetic as a cold, soggy, wet, and limp eggroll.

Dex-chan lover
She really wants them to fuck around so they could find out. A true researcher, tempting them to join in on a rewarding fact finding mission.

Dex-chan lover
Manythanks for the tl! Even if it is MT.
Its a jewel this manga

Users who are viewing this thread