May I Ask for One Final Thing?

Not really enjoyable or realistic. They keep trying to throw in political and ethical problems in this fantasy world that makes it seem somewhat realistic minus the magic and different sentient species, but then they try to mix it with the "comedy" they try to implement. In a medieval time period where status and flowery language is what rules overall, this would lead to some kind of justice system taking her case after she beats the 2nd princes faction to a pulp. Or at the very least take those who have done something illegal to court.

But instead they give her plot armor and say "Oh, what you did was fine bc they were criminals now let's go save some slaves".
If you're gonna implement comedy, make it somewhat realistic, especially if you're going to involve serious topics. Or just throw in some comedy medieval fight club action. The middle doesn't really work.

No offense to the Julius lovers, but I hate him.

Who tf says shit like you are showing many more expressions than usual, or acts creepily friendly and never gets to the point. He even is conveniently sitting in a tree above the fight, and then proceeds to stalk FL.

Sry for bad quality, but I’m too tired to spend time making a better argument.

Fed-Kun's army
But instead they give her plot armor and say "Oh, what you did was fine bc they were criminals now let's go save some slaves".
Royal family has recognized Scarlet as 1337 (leet / elite) fighter and wanted her to marry to their family. Since 2nd prince frakked it up, 1st prince is now courting her. That's the political "plot" armor, and it makes sense (to me). Besides there is corruption to be weeded out and Scarlet has volunteered herself for the job. If that still don't seem to be justified, then think of Scarlet & 1st prince themselves as corrupt officials getting rid of dissidents. Looks like church propaganda claim them as such.

At first, I loved how Scarlet was strong AND ready to punch some fools. But then it turns out, she had a hole in her brain because she endured literal bullying for ten full years. Author, just because she's not afraid of him doesn't mean that this is okay? Or that it excuses her father who deliberately didn't care about her wellbeing, even though realistically you could've flipped the political pressure on the royal family. If she's that valuable and they know about it, then make demands. Plus, the fact that they pushed her into the Second Prince's faction by marrying her off to him means that they, who afaik were not on either faction's side, means that they're literally joining the potential fight for the throne. Even if Second Prince is in line to take the crown, what if the First Prince is trying to rally against the second prince? Not that I like, came here looking for political intrigue, cos I'm just here because revenge story with female MC that's a noble breaking noble traditions while still being elegant. But that's overturned bc in every single chapter we keep being shown how frustrated she is and she only gets to beat crooks up now and again-- plus the actual, main cause of her frustrations now after beating up second prince is the first prince and yet for some reason she won't beat him up? For why??? They didn't even drop a quick thought bubble box that says "But now, Julius is the Crown Prince and holds the power of royalty that so pinned me down before", they just move on like he's not pissing her off. She literally punches walls pretending it's his face, destroying them, and like I know it's for comical effect but what that just convinces me is Julius (First Prince) is supposed to be the love interest and thus will never actually be punished for his aggravations, slowly growing closer to Scarlet and opening her heart up with small gestures, cracking at her walls. Which like, dude, what the hell? He literally stalks her (scene where he
eavesdrop on her and the beastman not-maid, for example
) and follows her around despite her insistences that he doesn't. Is this supposed to be romantic?
What kind of revenge story builds up all the anger and frustration (of both MC and reader) and then refuses to vent it out, but like, only specifically? The set-up with the Second Prince sucks ass, too, and nothing's ever explained, which I could hand-wave away because Comedy tag and suspension of disbelief but I'm too busy waiting for the resolution of build-up that never comes when it's about Julius to laugh or feel any real self-satisfaction. Plus the
time magic
came out of nowhere, and there's been 0 worldbuilding, which wasn't a problem until they started pulling crucial and unexplained stuff out of nowhere, probably just for the sake of plot.

Also to everyone complaining about not being realistic etc, calm down haha it’s a comedy for a reason.. no need to hate on it :’) just read and enjoy ig

Can anyone recommend me more manga with protagonists like Scarlet? Like an I-can-beat-everyone-without-breaking-a-sweat badass with a calm exterior?

Like Kasia from "Crimson Karma", Julia from "I've Become the Villainous Empress from a Novel", Ianna from "Reminiscence Adonis", and Charlotte from "Charlotte and Her 5 Disciples". And these manhwas I mentioned don't bring down the MC's power level just so the ML can be equal or greater than the MC.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay Julius, if ever in the future you complain about scarlet not seeing your feelings, you only have yourself to blame. Honestly, his feelings need to hit him like a ton of bricks. He's gonna be eating his words later.

Users who are viewing this thread