May My Father Die Soon. - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
The convo with her mother was so goooood but I feel like I really don't like the crazy younger sister bplot 😭 maybe it'll grow on me

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that this chapter happened. It also gives context as to why the mother declined custody after the father's death a few chapters ago. Not saying the mother deserves forgiveness or sympathy, but it really adds layers to how complex and difficult these situations are and how everyone is heavily flawed. Now all that's left is to see how the younger sister will end up creating a deeper hole for herself that she won't be able to get out from.

I would kill the mother. Bitch really thinks an apology gonna cut it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: nah blud she gotta go

Dex-chan lover
but where is her boyfriend? Did they break up or something?

Dex-chan lover
Part of me isn't surprised she saw her daughter being abused by the father..... It's not uncommon to hear wives upset, jealous that their daughters are getting "attention" (abuse or not) from their husbands.

Group Leader
Mom is still being selfish imo. I dont feel like she's trying to atone, she's trying to heal her own guilty conscious.

Group Leader
Man these comments be wild shitting on the mother. We have been shown continuous sexual and physical abuse to the daughter and in this chapter we can now see at least physical abuse to the mother. I can see why the daughter doesn't forgive the mother but the reason why she left wasn't abhorrent. It was very much due to abuse and trauma.

It's a common trope in these types of series that the community will side with the father if he's in some position of power. The perception would be that she's a negligent mother who abandoned her 2 daughters and hardworking husband. She would lose all support from her family and friends because they wouldn't know (or deny) the truth because the truth is shameful.

Shitmom should be in prison for severe child neglect
I genuinely find that strange. In my country she'd probably be trialed for cooperation for incest and sexual abuse because she didn't do anything about it, especially since it's her daughter.
It was shown earlier in the series that when the daughter tried to report it the police denied it and covered for the abuser. So even if the mother did report it the police would cover for him.

Users who are viewing this thread