Maya-san no Yofukashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 38 - The Witch and the Kappa

Dex-chan lover
Yes but when IS the love arc between the two going to occur. Cmon, we're in dire need author.

Supporter
@DeNoven Next chapter is the last one, so don't be holding your breath - at best, it's a confession on the last page of this one, Maya accepts and they live their lives out. I might not be right about that last bit, but at least you can tell what's happening now!

Dex-chan lover
Man, I just wanted them to kiss. Maybe just hold hands. Damn platonic friendships.

Supporter
Did she realize that she have been friend with a real witch now??

Thank you so much for the scanlation!

And I honestly didn't see
that the kappa was the old man coming

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa I made my peace with the fact that we were at the end but don't tease me with Mameyama realizing Maya's a real witch now of all times

Dex-chan lover
AHHHH. If this manga at least ends with her learning she's actually a witch, I'll be more than satisfied.

Double-page supporter
no shit i figured it out the moment he appeared just look at those ears and hat

Dex-chan lover
From the second I saw that guy, I knew he'd be the Kappa. And not just because he looks exactly like that one guy from Animal Crossing.

Plus, I love how this ISN'T a love story, but a completely platonic story between friends on a journey through life. We need more of those, in my opinion, because I feel the dynamic in friendship, although different to the dynamic with love, is just as (if not more) important to that of love.

@DeOneChester @DeNoven Honestly, I think the fact that they're not in love makes their relationship stronger, because it means it's built more on mutual trust more than just "love," which is over done in manga. And, because they are foils, they can give each other the insight and aspects into each other's lives that they would lack and keep each other grounded, both of which are kinda the point of friends.

Users who are viewing this thread