Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The melancholy of Pepe

I feel like these elves are based of of old Turkmen. That'd explain why there's that over exaggerated head chopping gimmick. Not saying bad things about the Turkish, I'm saying that most Manga don't handle other people's cultures well.
Incidentally the type of Kebab he made was a Shawarma, which is a traditional Turkish dish, dating back to the old Ottoman Empire.

Edit: Also the women's clothes in particular look very similar to old nomadic Turkmen clothing

That is döner (shawarma, other greek name that i couldnt remember, some mexican version that i also cannot remember ), but if you talking about Turkish cuisine than that is döner not a kebap (döner kebab is ok) . Kebap more general term.*** triggered turkish noises ***

Double-page supporter
2e1eaad865003ae4112bb04fd3ac0729.jpg

Does anyone know what that old European way of cooking is where you:
- Take some beef
- Hang it on a hook
- Start a fire next to it and a bit below it
- Sometimes put a radiation reflector on the other side of the hanging meat
- Catch the fat drippings from the vertical rotisserie in a container
???

Usually the container has a flour mix, so it becomes like a giant muffin or fluffy yummy tart by the end of the cooking, kinda like the caldera of a volcano. I want to make it. It's like making roast beef and cheesecake simultaneously.

Speaking of which, real Plains elves (Indians) probably had tasty food too....

Dex-chan lover
If this was an H-manga, he'd teach her something even more delicious *wink* * wink* *nudge* *nudge*

and damn shiro tribe ? that's like the protag tribe

For a chef, this dude really doesn't respect the utensils at all. Like what the fuck would you expect, making helmet out of a pan?

Dex-chan lover
Apparently, sticking a piece of wood and then roasting meat is way more advanced than boiling... 🙄

Fed-Kun's army
Plot twist: the pan did not work as a helmet at all, this is all a dream in the 0.00001 seconds before he dies

Dex-chan lover
Actually, wearing such a wide brimmed helmet would most likely snap your neck in a fall. Helmets need to be round and smooth without protruding edges, so that it doesn't catch on something as you fall.

Dex-chan lover
Haha, just realized, we see frying, steaming, and boiling as normal now, but back then it must've seem at least a bit strange. Frying especially, with all their crackling sounds and hot oil splashes could be seen as dark magic if people don't know they're cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread