Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Spring and Olives

Fed-Kun's army
@OP_Zed If he made Fried Rice, FRIED RICE, with Olive Oil, what do you think he fries Chicken with?!
He's Jamie OLIVEr! Olive is in HIS name!

Dex-chan lover
...Why the living fuck would you let tomatoes and cheese "age" in olive oil for FIVE FUCKING DAYS?!
Just... imagining how that would taste and feel in my mouth makes me gag. Jesus Christ, no, author, fucking no.

Also, how is wine the "Devil's Juice" and the destroyer of caravans? Considering how popular "life water" (read: alcohol) is in this universe... why are the inhabitants so retarded about it?

@kwendy
Many. Olive oil, especially, is very versatile. Cooking, skin care, oil lamp burning and was one of the first lubricants (for machine contact, not sex... although you could use it for that too) that humanity ever developed (and is much, much better than relying on animal fat/lard).

Olive oil is literally the only thing I've found that will clean strops well. Conditions the leather nicely, too.

Double-page supporter
@definitionofinsanity I dunno why he had it in there for 5 days, first time I've ever seen that as well, and I love food. Maybe author has gotten some misinformation somewhere lol, they're a mangaka first not a cook or researcher (probably)

for those bashing the recipe, you really need to pay attention to the ingredients and know wtf they are making.

It's literally oil-cured cheese, he isn't using fresh tomato, but dried (likely sundried), which is actually perfect for it since he lacks herbs and seasoning over there. I bet that he's just making an ad-hoc version of queso en aceite which is pretty delicious in its own right (and soggy is wrong since the oil preserves the texture of the cheese while also infusing it with whatever flavour is in the oil, in this case, sundried tomato, which is not a bad pairing at all since it's umami on top of umami.

At room temperature, they can last for months, so for a society lacking refrigeration, this would DEFINITELY spread like wildfire.

Group Leader
@definitionofinsanity Maybe it's like in Magi, where there is a giant plant that is attracted to the smell of wine and attacks whatever is transporting it?

LVmX59x.png

Aggregator gang
queso en aceite, literally Cheese in Oil. Too bad the only information about this food is mostly in Spanish. Maybe for "food lover", spanish didn't count. I find it funny how people think. If i don't know about it, therefore is not real... lol

Dex-chan lover
If I had to assume, people are just mishandling the wine making it poisonous or something.

Double-page supporter
well wine CAN go bad if left out in the heat and considering they know absolutely nothing about food or drink or anything related to that matter they probably just kept making wine and leaving it out in the open during the summer then drinking the spoiled wine and crying about it

Users who are viewing this thread