Meccha Shoukan Sareta Ken - Vol. 6 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
Something about this feels really unsatisfying. He wasn't really an enemy with the kingdom, nor were they constraining him that much, and the the non-surviving princess was bratty but was becoming a likeable character; so the sudden shift of them all dying and being removed from that situation and having little rumination on it just makes the main character... Unlikable? But not in the cool anti-hero/villain kind of way, but just plain unlikable.

Like he "befriended" several people in this kingdom, but doesn't seem to care about them in the slightest at the same time. He doesn't care about the kingdom, but went out of his way to kill all the soldiers in this coupe. He seems to love fighting and getting stronger, but is scared of the idea of there being more heroes.

I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but he's character feels inconsistent or something.
the mc is just doing what he wants. Im not a big fan of the way he betrayed the second princess, but in the end, he’s just doing whatever is more interesting for him. Idk if it’s a good thing or not, but l far it has kept the story unpredictable and enjoyable for me.

Dex-chan lover
Something about this feels really unsatisfying. He wasn't really an enemy with the kingdom, nor were they constraining him that much, and the the non-surviving princess was bratty but was becoming a likeable character; so the sudden shift of them all dying and being removed from that situation and having little rumination on it just makes the main character... Unlikable? But not in the cool anti-hero/villain kind of way, but just plain unlikable.

Like he "befriended" several people in this kingdom, but doesn't seem to care about them in the slightest at the same time. He doesn't care about the kingdom, but went out of his way to kill all the soldiers in this coupe. He seems to love fighting and getting stronger, but is scared of the idea of there being more heroes.

I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but he's character feels inconsistent or something.
I'd argue his character feels very consistent; the reason it feels inconsistent is because you fell for the lie of his portrayed character while he was still getting the lay of the land and coming to understand this new world he was transported to. He's always been a malevolent bastard.

Dex-chan lover
He challenged knight lady with half-hearted motivations, nearly died for the trouble, but was ultimately happy for the wake-up call. He's definitely going to pick fights to get even stronger now that he knows there are that many heroes, it's just a question of who is going to get caught up in his mess.

Dex-chan lover
I saw comments in some other site that said
The MC was a demon lord, or something similar, who was defeated and their soul was sealed. The soul went through many years of reincarnation without problem. Until the events of the first chapter. I supposed this explained the MC's detachment and uncaring disposition.

Dex-chan lover
This suddenly feels like MMORPG. You know that feeling when you play and the NPC calls you the "HERO" even though many other player also called the same by the NPC?

Honestly, this is a "things happen because they happen" manga.
MC just decided to exterminate everyone because... ? He just decided to burn down the castle because... ? He just decided to proclaim himself the Demon Lord and declare war on the world because... ?
I don't know where any of this is going and I'm not certain the writer knows either.
I thought the reason for burning was pretty concrete? He stated 2 reasons for doing so. 1 is so that to threaten the male hero into doing what he tells him to do, the 2nd reason is to burn the evidence. The proclaim himself the demon lord part, isnt true. He was just fabricating a new demon lord appearing, he wasn't sayong he was actually the demon lord. He used himself as an example to the hero as he was actually a demon so as to not trigger the lie detector the kingdom might have. Plus if you read the chapter near the end he even says his goal was for the kingdom to think that he died/not exist so as not to be targetted by the kingdom

Fed-Kun's army
Is this like Diablo rules where the more players are added the stronger the monsters become?

Dex-chan lover
Welp thats that
Lets see if the author can keep this somewhat interesting or if it just drops straight into the trash after the opening arc like most isekai
cough arifureta
Oh man, don't remind me of that.
That one broke my spirit. Was happily reading and then a frag after the other and just
Eh

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, don't remind me of that.
That one broke my spirit. Was happily reading and then a frag after the other and just
Eh
Its actually offensive how shit it gets
The first few chapters are like a completely different manga art style included

Dex-chan lover
mofos really in here thinking the MC ever gave a fuck, lol. Hate to break it to you, but beyond not-dying and becoming-even-more-busted, MC really does not give a shit.
MC is literally gaming rn.
edit: the more i think about it, the more it feels like MC's really treating this like a hardcore/ironman playthrough of a game. I read more of the WN before via mtl but forgot basically all of it (lol), but i remember his attitude mostly doesn't change.

Dex-chan lover

like other's have said, he's very consistent, if you're careful about what you take literally and what you don't, because everything we see is filtered through his interpretation.
If you assume he's a sociopath, incredibly self-centered, asocial, and acting entirely because "he finds it interesting," then everything he does is logical. He's not meant to be likeable, he's a sociopath, and I don't know why so many manga readers are foreign to that concept, do people need to self insert?

He doesn't actually give enough shits about the first princess to move, but then they target him so he wants to get out of dodge, and then when he realizes he wants to play with aaliyah for longer he decides he wants to clear out the troublesome pursuers first and nip the issue in the bud.

Him "befriending" people was a fucking ruse, if you read more closely it's pretty apparent he's doing it cuz he found it 'fun' for that little while. It's like sociopathic roleplay. So he doesn't give a fuck about the others, except aaliyah.

He likes fighting and getting stronger, but he also likes lazing around and screwing with people, and the thing is, heroes like to attack during the day and be troublesome which really fucking annoys him. Heroes are also the most likely to figure out his ruse, because their thinking is more open, esp wrt politics.

He's wishy-washy, driven by impulse, asocial, and manipulative as fuck when pressed to be social. In otherwords, full-on sociopathy. He's not meant to be very likeable. And in that context, he's very consistent.

The main thing to remember is that he's not been a human since he was summoned as a vampire. His moral compass is entirely self-centred and any friendships he's made were purely to keep up appearances. Because he's relatively overpowered, it's all become a sort of game to him, in the sense that he's taking nothing seriously. These points aren't emphasised or focused on at all and are either only briefly mentioned or only shown through his actions and interactions. So I'm not surprised it hasn't been picked up on.

We could say that maybe, all his classmates were transferred to other parts of the country and it's so, all the worlds he gone to from the very 1st chapter would be from the same world but that's less likely to happen, I think. 🤔 😅

Anyway, the other route would be another arc something like this but in all seriousness, the story is so long and thankfully, the pages are longer as well and makes it more interesting as a world building.

Dex-chan lover
He's a sociopath. Do you like sociopaths? Then he's your guy. Don't like sociopaths? Then you'll probably want him dead.

Users who are viewing this thread