Medalist - Vol. 10 Ch. 37 - Junior Grand Prix

Dex-chan lover
bro thanks so much for the chapter, hopefully you have time to continue or someone else can pick it up.
i love this manga so much

Dex-chan lover
Is there any romance in this manga? I'm interested in a (potential) anime about figure skating, but it bothers me that the female lead is much younger than the male one.

Before romance, I'd rather see some friends outside of skating.
Inori seems to have none at school, which is sad since she needs more friends.

Thanks for the translation!

Has the manga explained yet why Tsukasa had to leave for 5 months? I re-read chapters 35 and 36 after reading 37 and couldn't find an answer.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is a sports shonen, so I expect a lot of nakama power before they even start thinking about romance. Also, is this Minneapolis in your userpic?

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is a sports shonen, so I expect a lot of nakama power before they even start thinking about romance. Also, is this Minneapolis in your userpic?

Yeah, it's Minneapolis.

I know it's a sports shonen, but other sports manga like Blue Box were able to have a large group of friends for the main characters. I'd just like to see Inori have some people not involved in skating be friends. But I'll still love this manga even if it doesn't happen.

Aggregator gang
oooooh so happy to read this again 😭

thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's Minneapolis.

I know it's a sports shonen, but other sports manga like Blue Box were able to have a large group of friends for the main characters. I'd just like to see Inori have some people not involved in skating be friends. But I'll still love this manga even if it doesn't happen.
Then you clearly have good taste in Azur Lane girls.

Well, it all depends on how much this manga is willing to focus on things outside of sports. In the sense that some sports manga only show normal life as a short break between tournament arcs, while others combine it in different proportions.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the TL and edit. This manga is so fun to read, it has the best faces.

Double-page supporter
Well the first chapters really explained how she was an outcast at school, if you want friends I think the old dude that helped her out at the beginning was her best supporter, he even went to cheer on her in competitions.

Fed-Kun's army
Then you clearly have good taste in Azur Lane girls.

Well, it all depends on how much this manga is willing to focus on things outside of sports. In the sense that some sports manga only show normal life as a short break between tournament arcs, while others combine it in different proportions.
You should really just read it and see how you feel instead of talking about what you want it to be.

Also, this isn't a shonen it's a seinen due to being in the Afternoon magazine.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation!

Has the manga explained yet why Tsukasa had to leave for 5 months? I re-read chapters 35 and 36 after reading 37 and couldn't find an answer.
He left to study for Inori's junior stint. Figure skating compeitions are broken down into novice, junior and senior. Inori completed her novice career in Volume 9 earlier.

Dex-chan lover
You should really just read it and see how you feel instead of talking about what you want it to be.

Also, this isn't a shonen it's a seinen due to being in the Afternoon magazine.
Yes you are right. Perhaps what got me confused is that a lot of their work has subjective shonen vibes.

Dex-chan lover
YES! I'm so glad Medalist is back being translated! Thanks for picking this up!

Having said that though, it's an odd choice to have a timeskip forward in the previous chapter, only to now have an the entire current arc in what is effectively a flashback. Am I understanding this right?

EDIT: I hadn't finished the chapter. I wrote this comment literally two pages before the went back to the present. Nevermind me.

thank you for the uploaddd😭😭😭❤❤💝❣💘💓💖
Tho there's one page missing about the stickers

Users who are viewing this thread