Megarosalia - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
974
Bitch really going on the serial killer route.
Can't blame her for untangling from escaping the dungeon slave route, though.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 21, 2019
Messages
1,117
Rosalia is definitely underestimating the way she could use Meredy's power to build loyalty. She absolutely could've turned Miranda into an unshakable ally there. But I guess that's kind of the point. She doesnt trust anyone except Meredy and her adopted family, instead, she assumes they will all betray her, so it isnt even a question for her. Death is the only option.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
441
Honestly, dont read too much Antihero manga and I gotta say... seeing all these innocent girls die is getting rough, painter-chan was bad enough T_T

Also like the other commenter said this already but, the brother is STILL alive too... UGH!!! Stupid Miranda! Ditch this girl Meredy!

Also im expecting them to beat the detectives, seeing as Miranda with a big evil ass scissors is probably endgame territory?
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 31, 2019
Messages
869
It's very predictable, Meredy will ultimately wise up and 'betray' Rosalia when she finally sees she's a terrible person and not the one with the power. But at this point, I won't even be glad for her since insane it took her this long to see Rosalia is obviously rotten and also only seeing her as a tool
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
605
okay, I need to take the tags seriously when they say "sexual violence". this was super uncomfortable to read without warning going in. TL - I think this is a case where making the first page contain warnings is justified, at least until Mangadex implements chapter-specific tagging. this isn't me demanding it, it's me putting out feelers to see whether this is unpopular and whether other people want it too so the group can decide.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
605
I was kinda hoping that Miranda would accidentally kill her brother with that bottle forcing Rosalia & Meredy to rewind, both for Rosalia's peace of mind and because they would be involved in a scandal.

More importantly it would entangle Miranda as someone they would have to deal with either through blackmail or persuasion and force Rosalia to deal with someone in a way that wasn't just senseless murder.

Yah this would be much more interesting. This is like the 2nd? 3rd? case of "I'm going to take your plot wrinkle / complication and squish it like a bug" where it feels like the author is deliberately squandering "better choices" by going with the most maliciously unimaginative route each time, I don't know where that's building up to yet. At the beginning I figured it was some sort of meta-ish object lesson paralleling the protagonist's own daft choices, the kind you see in children's tales and fables to keep the narrative streamlined. Now I'm not sure if the author is trying to do anything at all. Maybe it really is just scaffolding around boobs. I hope not.
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 4, 2019
Messages
698
For those wondering how dark and edgy this manga will get, I who read the spanish scanlations which cover the several volumes so far, can tell you so: It will break your heart on multiple occasions so it is up to you whether you stay or abandon ship.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
441
For those wondering how dark and edgy this manga will get, I who read the spanish scanlations which cover the several volumes so far, can tell you so: It will break your heart on multiple occasions so it is up to you whether you stay or abandon ship.
Thanks for the heads up~ Will probably stick with this.

Also I will say... after reading the other manga this author worked on (The Witch's Hammer) the contrast of the cute and somewhat fairy tale-ish aesthetic with the harsh violence is pretty captivating. And seeing as how that work was apparently axed... I wanna see how far the author takes this one! even if I gotta see more innocent girls die T__T
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
184
Boy those two at the end sure look similar to another one of this author's works

mFN7tgx.jpeg
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
43
You have something to say @CyberneticSusurrus ? Problems ?
You mean asides from thinking that she's got nothing in common with Light Yagami, and that wanting "more yuri" from an obviously yuri work is both silly and impatient?

Sure.
Let's add "I think it's weirdo freak behavior to ping someone because you're that desperate for attention and/or that knee-jerk sensitive to a reaction emote.".
 
Group Leader
Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Messages
900
You mean asides from thinking that she's got nothing in common with Light Yagami,
that's litterally the opposite of what I said , and I was being sarcastic
and that wanting "more yuri" from an obviously yuri work is both silly and impatient?
Because at the stage of chapter 4 it has yet to develop, and I'm anticipating it , is it that hard to understand?
Sure.
Let's add "I think it's weirdo freak behavior to ping someone because you're that desperate for attention and/or that knee-jerk sensitive to a reaction emote.".
It's not an about me situation, I thought you had problems with it being yuri cuz it seemed gratuitous but I guess we both misunderstood the intent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top