Meikyuu Metro - Mezametara Saikyoushoku Datta node Shima Risu o Tsurete Shinsekai o Aruku - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Scene 22

Dex-chan lover
This tired moralizing from the Japanese of how it's evil to kill under any circumstance is indicative of how entirely vapid their society really is as a whole.
Not only does it show a clear disconnect between the narrative and the setting, it completely outlines that the author has self-inserted themselves as the character just to grandstand and show others how morally just they are for "doing the right thing" even though it more often than not leads to questionable results at best, and bad results at worst.

And yeah, I completely agree that this is just some asspull to force the MC into killing them later down the line. Seen it too many times, just like everything else wrong with this whole scenario.

The attitude you're describing here is hardly limited to Japan. Look at most of Europe. Look at Canada. Look at a lot of blue states with strict gun laws, and heavy restrictions on clear self-defense situations; "proportional force". From what I can tell, it's a slim minority of prosperous, developed regions of the world that don't end up primarily inhabited by people indulging in such self-righteous luxury beliefs.

Dex-chan lover
i find it interesting that you would likely be able to pull the trigger and kill evildoers easily, going by you comment. these people, including the bandits, have been the first group of humans the MC encountered in ages and his previous knowledge and experiences abided by certain laws and his familiarity with strangers. defending yourself against bandits or killing them in self-defence if necessary is one situation, but killing them while they are unconscious requires an active mindset to do the act.
Plus it's like people completely forget the concept of due process, framing, and looking at the bigger picture.

The girl mentioned how most of the bandits were civilians, as in people without abilities. That's DEFINITELY a hint on one of the bigger issues of that World's society in that it probably hugely favors people with abilities and does a poor job at taking care of regular civilians.

It's funny how people don't realize that simply branding any offenders as OBVIOUS evil doers that deserve death makes it so easy for a lot of bigger evils to go unpunished.

With this type of mindset, it makes it so easy for shitty governments and other authorities to put powerless people into a shitty situation and then simply kill them off without taking any accountability for creating these shitty situations in the first place.

That type of mindset just completely foregoes nuance and deviates from bigger issues.

Fed-Kun's army
Even if he had killed the other guys, the girl still would've been kidnapped.

Nothing would've changed.

The girl who was okay with killing shouldn't have been taken down so easily. That's the real BS. Not even a fight, just instant down. WTH

Tired of other characters just being props.

They literally said that the bandits either die there or get hanged later. So all the guy does is to shove the unsavory scene far away from his sight, it's not exactly a moral dilemma of whether to kill or not...

Dex-chan lover
Tbh i see mc normal to not kill the bandit for now, mc spending few years without civilization, only know that it's beautiful and the sun shine brightly from the squeak who also never go out, meet the first human and then after getting out shocked that it's completely different from what he think. Then same night get attacked and slapped with reality that the belief he had in old world doesn't exist now. And about his choice of taking them to the town despite the same outcome is probably because it make him at ease that " he " didn't kill them directly.... Tho yeah if he keep staying with the old world moral then considering this mc a lost causes.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess, the bandit that he didn't kill would become a problem for him later on?

This series was never especially good, but now that I've seen the last 2 chapters...
This is complete trash tier regurgitated high "morals", low self confidence, harem wanting, standard copy paste MC type story.

If you look past the interesting intro of NOT being isekai and the shrooms it's just another isekai in every single way.
Replace waking up after basically being dead to reincarnating.
Replace shrooms with normal isekai skill system.
Replace dungeons with... Dungeons, hahahahaha...
Replace tribal like goverment system where apparently there's laws spanning multiple tribes (how the fuck) with isekai noble territorys.
Replace MC with any japanese isekai protag fucking ever.
Replace squirrel with any isekai summon/pet ability that turns waifu later.
Replace hunter girl with any equally "cuz MC is trash and needs a guide to the isekai, here have a free waifu" isekai girl.
It's all the same.
Oh wow, congratulations for figuring out what a "genre" is.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, congratulations for figuring out what a "genre" is.
I believe many of the readers of this series was into this for how it differed from normal isekai, the premise was open to being very different type of story after all.

For example, the mushrooms could have been something rare and risky rather than just your average sweep under the rug power system.
The world could have been anything, zombies, ACTUAL tribes (not bullshit nations), a wasteland, who knows!
There could have NOT been a waifu showing up for no reason as soon as MC starts interacting with humans.
MC could have NOT been a copy paste and shown emotions that differs from what every other author shows.

My post was mainly talking to such similar minded people that do not feel the need to make sarcastic comments to random people on the internet.
Also that was 3 months ago... That's a long time to drag something up for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
Not wanting to kill the aggressors when they've been captured and are unconscious: not entirely unreasonable :thonk::pepehmm:. Something bad happening after the monologuing and hesitation: 🤦‍♂️:haa:
The situation would have still happend. He only attacked them as they were heading back in the cart. Weather he killed the bandits or not the outcome is still the same.

Dex-chan lover
Murder and killing are differnt. Murder is wrongful killing, a act of taking a life with ill intent or without reason.

Killing is killing, for food, self-defense, to end something the requires such a act
-
I just think differently. But someone should always have a good reason. I get why the mc won’t. Other mc’s too. Just the author sucks at why

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Killing people is both very easy, and very difficult.

But after two years of killing beasts, there is no fucking WAY this dude would hesitate... unless he's an utterly tarded narcissist.
Inflicting random values that are o ly distantly related to the situation, causing an existential crisis?

Not.
Fucking.
Likely.

Worst Reader insert, evar.

Users who are viewing this thread