Mermaid Line

Aggregator gang
I'm not a big fan of this anthology. This is primarily because almost all the stories end either ambiguously or with the characters broken up. I don't mind occasional melancholy; one of the stories even talks about happy ends not being realistic. But having 3/4 stories end that way implies that most lesbian romances are just a phase or something, which is both not realistic and not narratively fulfilling. The one story that doesn't end ambiguously is probably also the most interesting, but it doesn't counter the overall "meh" feeling I had after finishing this book.

An unrequited love goes unnoticed. It's just a sad fate to some people, it's a cute story. Would love to see more of this in the future. The art style is very clean and airy, it leaves a lot to the imagination. It gives the reader a lot of room to imagine how fluffy this story is, only to leave you unfulfilled.

As a hopeless romantic, the ending made me sad, but it feels very realistic in a way so it's worth the feels.

3 stories end ambiguously yes, but 2 of the 3 end ambiguously good. While their futures together remain uncertain,
Megumi & Aoi are happy
together again, and
Okabe & Miura-san appreciate each other.

Users who are viewing this thread