Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.1

If gravity is absent, carbonated liquids can do harm to the human body when consumed because the carbon within the liquid would not separate in the absence of gravity.

Aggregator gang
@hidamarisou: I don't know what the Japanese text says, but might I suggest using "warship" for these ships at the end of the chapter instead of "battleship?" Because battleships are actually a specific type of warship in this universe, and it would be nigh suicidal for Krishna to face three of those at once.

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax even if they manage to somewhat to replicate artificial gravity, the pressure in spaceships will still be lower than on planets. Opening a sealed carbonated drink in a spaceship would make it shoot out immediately

Dex-chan lover
Given the technology shown in the manga, it's reasonable to assume that temperature, atmospheric pressure and gravity are all ideal for humans. If he indeed obtained carbonated drinks, there should be no problem in driking them.

Double-page supporter
So all isekai ppl know how to make waterpumps and icecream n shit but not carbonated drinks? even I know that much...

Fed-Kun's army
@Kanol actually i found a different reason after i posted that comment because i was intrested and this is what i got from the NASA.gov website

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/5-8/features/F_Carbonated_Beverages_Space.html#:~:text=The%20bubbles%20of%20carbon%20dioxide,foamy%20mess%20during%20space%20travel.

Dex-chan lover
@Senkaze
Huh, that is actually a very possible explanation. It's like the people just think that "Well, that's how a cola should taste like" and goes on with their life. Makes me wonder how many real life recipes are altered because of a similar reason

Dex-chan lover
@Scrwd They certainly would have gone out of fashion in the early days of space travel but it appears artificial gravity is widespread now. Time to show humanity what it has lost. :)

One of my favourite isekai manga even at just 9 ch. Mostly because the isekai genre tends to be a giant heap of feces with the occasional gold nugget embedded within.

Dex-chan lover
"How many coke ?"
"Seven cases."
"I WILL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK !"

Fed-Kun's army
@Ace435 That is the same reason, or at least the same physical phenomena. Foamy mess in your gut or outside it. You can rig a dispenser valve so you don't open a shaken can of coke and have it disgorge a beach-ball sized mass of aerated conductive acid spray onto all your electronics. Rigging the human digestive tract is a bigger trick.

Group Leader
>de-carbonated
>not refreshing
Something there doesn't add up. Carbonated drinks are 300x less refreshing than non-carbonated ones.
Like who the fuck actually drinks soda to quench thirst? Insane people.

Dex-chan lover
is this caught up to raws? bi-weekly? based on novel?

does he get more crew/girls? why no male? would be nice if we get a second older couple too, maybe an engineer and a medic...

@Laundrysauce The carbonation alters the flavor (it's basically carbonic acid from a chemical standpoint, which has a sour flavor) and "texture" of the liquid. Just leave your favorite soda open overnight in the fridge and see what it tastes like in the morning - it's quite a bit different. Around here, they call it "flat," and personally I can't stand flat soda. The idea of drinking non-carbonated Coke is repulsive.

@DrHizzle You can be addicted to soda. I should know, I'm addicted to Pepsi. While I do enjoy cold water from time to time, I find Pepsi to be quite refreshing. That has a lot to do with why I'm a fatass, so I don't recommend it.

Dex-chan lover
@Owyn
they probably know how to make carbonated drinks
but they also know that carbonated things really misbehave if you suddenly depressurize them

Fed-Kun's army
He doesn't drink alcohol but this guy is a soda addict... if I wasn't prone to get diabetes, I would be too...

Dex-chan lover
I also want my soda carbonated... I feel ya.. but ya gotta do what ya gotta do unless you want a gassy nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread