Mezase Gouka Kyakusen!! ~Sen Shokan Skill De Isekai Rich Life Wo Te Ni Irero~ - Ch. 38 - Naval Battle and Laser Beam

Dex-chan lover
That massive attack is just confusing. Not only do they wait for all the smaller ships to be sunk, but then they target one of their own ships. It's almost as if the caster is being forced to attack and decided to inact a little malicious compliance as revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't we just go back to the slow life genre stuff already?

I think the author's overestimated how much the readers care about those women. There's been so much focus on them that at this point, I question if the MC is even the MC anymore.

Dex-chan lover
The author wrote in a completely invincible ship and when they realized there is no stakes so its less interesting they are now trying to manufacture tension lol. Why couldn't they just try and stick more the the slice of life stuff instead of going to war lmao

Last edited:
Author straight up wrote a potential plot hole in trying to create suspense, if there is any threat to the boats from that unique skill then the MCs skill is flat out wrong. It's not listed as "immune to monster attacks" it's listed as "indestructible" and "unsinkable" so even being generous if the thing could damage the boats they still would function as boats. If something is unsinkable even if you opened a giant hole straight in the middle of the object it would continue to float, otherwise it isn't "unsinkable" its just really durable. Obviously the women in that party don't know the details of the MCs ability, but the readers do so why is the author trying to set up suspense like there's a genuine threat to the ships being damaged when they explicitly mentioned that the ships can't be damaged? Even in universe the god that made the skill says something along the lines of "the ships can withstand an archdragon attacking" so unless unique skills are THAT broken comparatively the logic doesn't make sense unless this is just to make the women seem stupid for being scared. Especially when the entire premise of why the MC has this skill is because that god was trying to make a point to other gods that "not all skills have to be ridiculously OP to leave an impact" so if his boats can be destroyed by this it kinda just proves the other gods right that summoning a boat is a stupid skill in a world like that when compared to the skills they've been giving out

Dex-chan lover
run-away-run.gif

Dex-chan lover
:thonk:another otherworlder?
Not necessarily, they could just be a holy champion or some regular guy who got lucky.
Heck, it could even be a secret super weapon.
That massive attack is just confusing. Not only do they wait for all the smaller ships to be sunk, but then they target one of their own ships. It's almost as if the caster is being forced to attack and decided to inact a little malicious compliance as revenge.
Assuming there is no cast time or other limitation then yes it makes no sense for them to wait until a big part of the fleet is sunk.
Especially considering they know the speed boat is dangerous from previous reports so its not like they were taken by surprise.

but you could still explain it away in multiple ways like it being a secret weapon they wanted to save.
It's super costly or takes a lot of time to use etc etc.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't we just go back to the slow life genre stuff already?

I think the author's overestimated how much the readers care about those women. There's been so much focus on them that at this point, I question if the MC is even the MC anymore.

I think the author just likes them too much personally or maybe the publishers are telling him to focus on waifus. I'd have preferred a small core crew and a revolving cast of characters where the MC sails around to exotic places and has mostly nonviolent adventures. That stuff doesn't sell that well though I guess.

It's a shame. I really don't care at all about this arc and can't really remember their names or differentiate between the party members roles. Even the MC has no reason to help them other than simping because they're pretty and nice to him.

Dex-chan lover
God's unstoppable attack (skill), meets God's impenetrable defence (boat).
given how the god was describing his abilities. it's seems like he could have made them far more excessive, but held them back to "balance" things. though he phrased it, implying the restriction was only boats; and non-combat models at that. he didn't imply any other nerfs. so there is a possibility that his indestructible feature might be maxed out. the attack magic is probably a tier below it, if only by one stage. (since, giving anyone max attack, is risking the whole world being obliterated, with no way to stop it besides direct intervention.)

Dex-chan lover
Not necessarily, they could just be a holy champion or some regular guy who got lucky.
Heck, it could even be a secret super weapon.

Assuming there is no cast time or other limitation then yes it makes no sense for them to wait until a big part of the fleet is sunk.
Especially considering they know the speed boat is dangerous from previous reports so its not like they were taken by surprise.

but you could still explain it away in multiple ways like it being a secret weapon they wanted to save.
It's super costly or takes a lot of time to use etc etc.
Then all the more confusing. No seriously, if it's a resource hog, hard to aim, or has a long cast time, shooting a small fast moving target becomes impractical.

Not just because you are unlikely to hit it, but chances of friendly fire are astronomically higher. So not only have you wasted all that time/effort/resources, but just sunk another friendly ship, and killed a good chunk of the crew.

Users who are viewing this thread