Mezase Gouka Kyakusen!! ~Sen Shokan Skill De Isekai Rich Life Wo Te Ni Irero~ - Ch. 39 - The mysterious ray of light fired by the enemy…

Dex-chan lover
USE HYPER BEAM!!!

4fs8mf.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I think the reason why the author or maybe he was told by their editor to add fighting scenes is because the current plot will get boring eventually if not done right.

MC's current way of amassing wealth to buy newer and better ships is through trade, and if you don't know how to make trading interesting you'll lose audiences. That's why they added the war arc. It introduces new story beats, gives the girls purpose and their jobs reason and gives a way of amassing wealth with the reward he'll get.

Now, for me it's still interesting to read, but it's not plot I originally liked it for. I just hope that the boat/ship aspect get more focus and go back to the slice of life.

Dex-chan lover
I think the reason why the author or maybe he was told by their editor to add fighting scenes is because the current plot will get boring eventually if not done right.

MC's current way of amassing wealth to buy newer and better ships is through trade, and if you don't know how to make trading interesting you'll lose audiences. That's why they added the war arc. It introduces new story beats, gives the girls purpose and their jobs reason and gives a way of amassing wealth with the reward he'll get.

Now, for me it's still interesting to read, but it's not plot I originally liked it for. I just hope that the boat/ship aspect get more focus and go back to the slice of life.
fair warning; having read part of the LN, the plot sort of meanders from one thing to the next. There is no clear goal; just the MC messing around or solving the problems he created along the way. Still manages to stay interesting, though; despite the only "plot" being, MC wants to have fun and not get wrapped up in politics as much as possible.

Dex-chan lover

I'm not sure if the current plot will get boring, necessarily. I'm thinking that they added stuff to try to grow their audience. They're an "adventure" manga, according to the tags. So they need more adventure. They're not a comedy, so they can't fall back on that.

And if you remember, he technically has enough Pepper to buy the Cruise Ship right now. But trying to sell all that pepper would crash the market. So it's less likely he'll have a lot of trading adventures now. It'll be side quests to trade. And he'll just visit exciting places. Probably see dragons.

And I know it's a lot easier artistically since you don't have design/draw as many faces. But I still find it weird as heck, that the Empire all have Raccoonesque Black Face Masks covering their faces.

Taylor, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but I gotta Charge My Beam.

Double-page supporter
The problem with this story is that it's collecting waifus for a non-harem just for eye candy and delving into things it shouldn't. Like, this is a leisurely story. Dude is invincible on the ship. Travel, make friends, make new connections, give us some spectacular sea shots, that's all that's needed. Yeah the whole merchant thing is very realistic when MC was taken to court, as the sea merchant trade is very ruthless. Stuff like that. Though I suppose you'd have to get involved in a naval war at some point, but now? I dunno. This feels out of place. It really does.

Like, it feels like the author had a good idea but doesn't know how to really execute it, or properly execute it. I like the premise and some of the story, otherwise I wouldn't comment. It has potential but it's just kinda petering right now.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh no a laser beam!"
"We must prepare for the laser beam"
"Everyone, get ready for the laser beam!"

"Turns out the laser beam did nothing, lol"
Feels a little pointless. :smugnako:

Dex-chan lover
Guy got a barrier to block absolutely everything. Guy still too cowardly to even go near a battle.

Users who are viewing this thread