Mieruko-chan - Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
Omg a scary looking one that's actually scary! The other creepy looking ones were generally "kind" but this one wasn't it

So happy. Michiru has cute look and Miko is amused xD
Also thr mib is the organization Romm mentioned I think they realized mountain god (tentacle like?) seal is broken
At first when I saw Michiru I think her spirit is the tentacled sealed mountain god.

Good chapter, Michiru being jealous of Hana but still lwt her hold one of Miko's hand is super cute

The Man in black ch 55 p 24
https://mangadex.org/chapter/31a1e4f9-d5cd-4053-ba54-4abb5ed508a6/24

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think that figure in black is the grim reaper aka death
I don’t think so. He’s related to Roma, and the figures in black seemed to be related to him, possibly wearing the same style of clothes as him too? Could be some sort of familiar-like being, given how much focus the dog-horse ghost has been given as a guardian for Miko’s household, as well as Michiru’s caterpillar spirit.

The death spirit should be the fat, middle-aged man Roma didn’t want to look at.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter
and poor little girl got blocked

Dex-chan lover
Or hear me out here. He ducked behind the seat in-between panels for dramatic effect. Same thing with the fences, he just moved to his left in-between panels.
Plus ghosts are fugly to the point of being an ugly basterd.

Dex-chan lover
The model sister that has a crush on Miko hurts via her ghost.
Huh what? You meant Michiru's sister? No wtf, You (it's her name) didn't have any connection with ghost or whatsoever, she just overprotective sister.
Even Michiru's tentacle is more like forest guardian rather than ghost/evil spirit

As amusing as it may sometimes be to see most comments thinking this manga is some sort of 5D Chess where every little thing has some deep meaning behind it.
I have, after 3 months (and a few days), logged myself, to be the "Voice of the Contrarian" once again:
1- First of foremost, I know that it's been 2 months and some, but it's surprising to see just how many people completely forgot the end of chapter 55 with Seto-san and his underlings (be them some kind of Shikigami or something else is right now irrelevant)... so, Seto being an acquaintance of Romm's; Romm telling Miko he would handle the "unassuming middle-aged guy" (but then hesitantly deciding to call Seto, which we can easily assume is to ask for his help); and now one of Seto's "shadow guys" following Miko around. What he's doing is probably, either "assessing the situation", or "waiting for the moment to act", whichever be the case, the shadow guy being of any danger to Miko is highly unlikely.
2- It was never established that "Ghosts can't interact with non-psychics", only that "they generally have no interest in them" (for whatever reason), hence why Miko ignoring them works at all. The ghosts in the beginning asking her if she can see them, is to determine what to do, if she acknowledged their existence, they would most likely attack her (like the ones that baited her into thinking they were normal humans), not because "they would now be able to", but because "they now would want to".
3- About Miko's father. Yes, he's obviously still around to protect his family, and yes, it may have some relation with the "unassuming middle-aged guy", however, I doubt he had any powers when he was alive (he has some more insight now that he's dead, but that doesn't mean he had it when alive)... I'll go further and say that I'll actually be surprised if it turns out he had (also, this is a reach, but if Miko's ability was inherited, I would sooner bet on her mother than her father).
3.5- The Horse Ghost that follows her father. Unless the guy that said that it could be the ghost of a dead pet ends up being right (which even then, remember Gouzuka-san's ghost cats? quite different), I also doubt it's any kind of guardian, it's just a silly pudding-loving horse looking ghost that happens to be on the stronger side of the spectrum that took a liking to Miko's father, and thus protects him (only protecting anything else as a side effect).
4- The "Bad ghost" of this chapter. Some people seems to be under the impression that it specifically targeted Kyousuke, but come on, sure, it probably has a preference for shotas (quite certainly so), but leaving a bait, is to get anyone who bites it, and in this case, it was Kyousuke. The dad's horse spooked it away, but it'll definitely be preying on other little boys in the future (and surely also did in the past).

. . .
I'm sure there was more to say, but I forgot (and this comment is already too long), so that's it for today.

Last edited:
Great chapter all around. I feel like Miko found some motivation to learn how to defend herself against spirits after reflecting on how all her friends have some defense.

Double-page supporter
MIKO BLUSHED SEEING MICHIRU
jonah-hill-excited.gif

What if the reason stayed in that house because of unresolved issues? Like if that creepy middle age dude is indeed a BIG problem, the dad is basically protecting his family right? Hate to see him gone honestly, but it would happen eventually 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread