Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
Hana continues to be best character even though it has nothing to do with her absurd power she doesn't know she has. She can befriend anyone and help those without the need of "power".

Supporter
Looking forward this girls friendship.
Also, they got me with the sister. I am so gullible still...

Dex-chan lover
This manga never disappoints. One of the things I love most about it is the fact that the author puts so much effort into crafting full and complete chapters. Every time I read these chapters, I keep thinking that the chapter is just about to end on a typical cliff hanger, but thankfully, it doesn’t. This chapter is such a great example of why this manga is awesome. A complete story in one chapter and a fully satisfying ending.

Dex-chan lover
It was worth the wait... Such an immaculately beautiful chapter.
Hana is an angel. I wasn't prepared for the Pastry Party though.. :wooow:
The fusion aura-enchanted tentacle drill attack was metal as frick.
Also loved how Michiru's Tentacle Spirit design once fully awakened on the pg 10 spread vaguely resembled a caterpillar chrysalis.

This chapter really drove home how unfortunate Michiru & You's lives have been until this point, particularly the latter. Both need therapy, but You had to take on the burdens and sacrifices of being a caregiver to an autistic sibling while still in school. In psychology this is known as Parentification and is very damaging. She meant well but her conflict avoidant strategy ended up worsening Michiru's socialization and emotional growth. It was then Hana's boundless kindness and tolerance which ended up being the perfect medicine.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hana continues to be best character even though it has nothing to do with her absurd power she doesn't know she has. She can befriend anyone and help those without the need of "power".
that's her power, though. Spiritual stuff ain't that complicated, it's not all occult and esoteric wisdom of ancients, it's mostly mundane stuff that makes a difference, the things everyone can do, everyone can understand.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
It was super extremely obvious Hana was gonna hug her. But still it's a nice panel.

Just kinda wish we got something unexpected.

Who won Miko though?

I kinda predicted the sister wasn't actually creepy, just a bit misguided. But this turned out more nicely than I thought

Dex-chan lover
This manga keeps getting better and better, always hard to predict with the subtle plot twists and nuances in its characters.
You was misguided yet is aware of her errors raising Michiru, I guess she feels powerless and unable to undo the damage done all these years. Her breaking into tears was moving. She was just a loving sister trying her best to manage such a heavy burden.
And what can I say about Hana that hasn't been said already. That girl is truly special, a once in a lifetime friend that everyone would love to have. Such kindess, warmth and gentleness.

Users who are viewing this thread