Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

I am more invested in this girl's wellbeing than I am in 99% of other protagonist in manga. Every chapter I'm praying for her safety.

Dex-chan lover
Still think she should be used to them by now. The humor would still be there but the dynamic would change only slightly.

I think that ghost was giving her a warning because the new teach is kind of always looking at her, and he's bad news

I just found this manga again , before they change the name to "the girl who can see it" . Man glad finally found it again

@Aeremis @Faryshta @Claresilver47 @Romanaire
Firstly first, I'm sorry guys for tagging you in this super long discussion but I'm really confused by Miko's action (I even reread this manga from the very first chapter). I still don't know how MD's discussion forum works but I'll try to put this under the spoiler so it won't bother others.

So I'll answer both @Aeremis and @Faryshta replies first.

@Aeremis
I can relate to her.
I wouldn't want to know if they can harm me or not the price is too risky if they can your dead so...
Yeah just ignore them.
Or ask she need to ask her father.

@Faryshta
its not shown a ghost can harm humans yet but its shown that their energy can. Remember the bracelet that Mieruko tried to wear?

Also if I were seeing those creepy ass shits I wouldnt want to test if they can harm me dude. Fuck science.

Even though I can't relate to her as you do, I understand how heavy and tiring it feels to constantly seeing ghost monsters like her. But in this type of manga, we can know how it's harmful or not by the author's way of showing it. Miko doesn't exactly try to find out about her ability but she sure has some contact with them. And she couldn't risk asking her father since other ghosts will find out her abiltiy.

x9.png

x10.png

You can see it directly went through them, not even Miko is trying to "know/test/check" whether she has the ability to physically interact with the ghosts or not. As far as I know, Miko herself even shown horrored by the feeling of something she thought won't touch her (even though she later realised it's a human being that touched her).
x5.png

The bracelet itself broken because it's been imbued by holy magic(?) that makes the ghosts irritated, that's why they broke it. But I don't think it works the same with humans. Sure it can cause a person feels rather sick and had heavy shoulder if they're possessed by the ghosts but I don't think they can physically harm human by their power (hence my question earlier).

x12.png

x15.png

x18.png

x20.png

Then for @Claresilver47 reply..

@Claresilver47
Miko doesn't KNOW if they can physically harm her but at the same time the ghosts are obviously very interested in her once they realize she's aware of them. So far we've seen two malicious types of ghosts, ghosts that like to consume other ghosts, while there are ghosts that haunt places/people. We've already seen the hatchet ghost in the subway that was chopping people to get to ghosts that were possessing people, it almost seemed to realize Miko could see it but didn't seem to care since she wasn't possessed.

I think the ghost attracted to Hana instead since she has a very strong aura and it feels warm for the ghosts who constantly yearns for warmth. And unfortunately, Miko happens to be able to see them every day since Hana is her best friend and around Miko so much.

x17.png

And yes I remembered clearly that subway ghost! Holy shit it scared me, lol. If it can scare us as the reader, can you imagine what Miko feels? It must be terrible and scary as fuck. But that's what makes me confused! Miko, they can't physically hurt you, so please don't make it obvious to them! They will be pestering you forever! Moreover to that teacher! And that's the worst nightmare you could ever have! :(((
MIKO GANBAREE!! :""""(

And for @Romanaire reply..

@Romanaire
to add to what @Faryshta said it's also worth noticing that some ghosts ask our MC "can you see me?" and they leave because she ignores them, so there is an intent of something.

Also in chapter 14, the two ghots that were with the god in chapter 11 "exocise" (for lack of a better word) the creature in the tunnel when it said "you can see me". That indicates that something was about to go down. But it's true that she has no evidence of the ghots harming anyone.

But most importantly it's SPOOKY SCARY!

Yes! The ghosts keep asking everyone if they could see them, it's not only happened to Miko. Because Miko didn't prolong the conversation with them we don't know exactly what they want for people who happened to see them. And YES!! The part when the guardian spirits protect Miko and her friends in the tunnel was epic! What makes it interesting is that the guardian will only appear to whenever hostile ghosts trying to attack them! Another thing is that I guess the guardian spirit will only appear three times as they said to Miko the first time they're summoned and protected Miko and Hana at the temple!

x8.png

x16.png

g10.png

g11.png

g13.png

They already appeared twice, at the temple and the tunnel. And I think they'll appear again to protect them from the teacher!! I'm so excited!

I think that's all, I'm sorry if I confused you guys in some way or another but I can't help it! This is all confusing and interesting at the same time! I'll edit my reply if it doesn't work!

Dex-chan lover
The spirit giving a warning instead of a threat would be an interesting twist. Good thinking in some comments; it's the type of manga where appearances often deceive so it's possible ...

Very interested to see how this will end. Clearly the teacher needs to be somehow "defeated" but so far the heroine rarely did anything actively. Now here's a problem that won't go away by "not looking". Who knows what she'll do ...

@Kagamimocchi

there are a high possibly that ghost can harm physically human, in chapter 10, with the cursed building, her friend said many "accident" happen here when they tried to demolish it, and when you see tags "cursed" and "danger" on the wall, i don't think it's because machine broke.

the ghost with the ax doesn't harm mieruko because it's not his goal, he here to hunt harmfull ghost as we can see in the chapter.

and even if they don't tried to attack her physicaly, they can drive her totaly crazy, she can hear their voice and see them drive her to the edge of the insanity, she is schizophrene at that point.

imagine what happen when ghost harass her all the time because they know she can see them.

and another thing, ghost who think that you can see them, want to eat you, in many chapter it's possible to see that kind of behavior, in example in chapter 12 with the square ghost or the tunnel ghost.

Considering that psychopath mostly start by killing small animals before moving on to humans, 20 bucks says the ghost is a victim trying to warn her.

this is starting to get more serious :0, maybe they'll elaborate on the properties of ghosts.
White glow seems to indicate pure or innocent ghosts, there are ugly ghosts that don't hurt people as well.
The problem then lies in two parts, can the really big ghosts actually touch humans? or was MC's wish in vain? and what happens after the 3 saves?

Dex-chan lover
Eating lunch alone in the bathroom, just how bad was it for Julia? I'm glad she met Miko & Hana.

Double-page supporter
this manga covers all sorts of ghost including my favorite: The cleaner, the warners, and divinities, my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread