Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Group Leader
In this chapter, Tohno was actually getting the students to read passages from Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Rashomon. It's a short story that's commonly studied in high school, and deals heavily with themes of death and righteousness. Anyone who attended a Japanese high school would likely recognise it, but the reference would be completely lost on a Western audience.

After a lot of deliberation, we decided it would be best to include excerpts from William Golding's Lord of the Flies instead. It shares a lot of very similar themes, and fills the same role of "book that gets studied in high school". It also helps to avoid any ambiguity about the origin of the text. We don't want to introduce room for theorycrafting that the author didn't intend. It's a real story, not something that Tohno wrote or anything. If you're curious though, I found an English translation you can read here.

Based on this chapter I guess the woman victim was killed because she looked at his house where's he mutilated the cat.

Dex-chan lover
@blankaex thanks, it was an interesting read.
Also Holy crap is she going to become a shrine maiden or something in the future by making contracts with (good)spirits? I mean she already has a contract of sorts with that shrine god

Contributor
At this point, I'm not even horrified anymore. I just feel bad for her. It's more sad than scary

Dex-chan lover
Could it be that Hana's good luck charm actually requires calorie intake, which is why she's so incredibly hungry since the entire class is surrounded by all those evil spirits?

Now that she mentions it... is it possible to call on that axe ghost from the train to fight the evil spirit

Dex-chan lover
@blankaex wow i didn´t know that thanks

@Simkin yeah i think almost the same hana i think has a great shield of energy, but my guess as previously chapters had stated, the ghosts feed on this energy and in doing so she needs to replentish it by eating or resting, so... it makes sense that the theacher is a serial killer or steps behind from becoming one. Now the "thing" following him feeds on hana energy a lot faster than any other beings showed before, so that ghost is powerful but what interests me is the being itself always screaming "LOOK AWAY" as maybe a warning to ward off people or... maybe because that thing is a female stalker like in a previous chapter and doesn´t like any female near him

Dex-chan lover
It's refreshing she even consideres contact with "other side".

Users who are viewing this thread